What's Your Favorite Comic Quote

2 Likes

“I love being the godd@&n Batman!!” It showed that frank miller finally snapped

4 Likes

“I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand at your throat…I want you to remember…the one man who BEAT you”

Batman to Superman from The Dark Knight Returns (and I think something similar in Batman v Superman movie)

“I’ll poke your other eye out and beat you to death with a rock. How’d you like that, huh?”

Hellboy to the Baba Yaga* from the story Darkness Calls, chapter 6

*Well he says that when he’s fighting Koshchei but the Baba Yaga is possessing him and can talk/hear through him so it is directed to her :wink:

2 Likes

I think I liked that line better when Impulse delivered it

6 Likes

I don’t know that character @golddragon71, but I love it! Which comic is this from? I’ll have to check it out!

P. S. Impulse isn’t in the DC Encyclopedia either.

1 Like

Impulse is Bart Allen. He’s the grandson of Barry Allen and Iris West. He was born in the 30th Century with Barry’s Speed but at birth the speed power was aging him prematurely. To save him, Iris brought him back to the 20th Century to have Wally West help save his life. Once Wally was able to push Bart into running so fast that he “broke the Wall” as runners say, Bart’s rapid aging halted at 15 or so and he became known as Impulse.

Impulse received his own series after the Flash Storyline Terminal Velocity. (Flash 1987-2009 #'s 95-100)

2 Likes

Very cool! I see that he has his own series as well and added it to our “To Read” list. Thank you for the recommendation and reference!

2 Likes

Trickster telling another villain “When super-villains want to scare each other they tell Joker stories”

4 Likes

that’s the one they’ve been advertising, right? Underworld Unleashed?

1 Like

Another one I love. It comes from the New 52. I’ve never been a fan of the Frank Miller school of thought that Batman and Superman would always be at odds with each other. It’s a trope that’s overused and rarely works for me. I appreciated in the Post-Crisis era that we got to see them start off on the wrong foot and we got to see them evolve as friends. When the New 52 happened I was so worried it was going to be modern day writers taking a page out of the old Dark Knight Returns handbook. And then this panel came along and shocked me in the best way possible.

9 Likes

You should like this one then. I found it today in Detective 1017

11 Likes

No this was just a quote from The Trickster talking to others, I think during the salvation run storyline, he is saying that stories about the Joker scares other super-villians.

1 Like

Okay so I hear you on this… and I am like 80% sure that this happened in Salvation run… but…

from Underworld Unleashed #1

1 Like

5 Likes

“The rain on my chest is a baptism. I’m born again” that is my favorite line ever! Or when Batman says, “WELCOME TO HELL,” later in the issue

4 Likes

Alan Moore: “This is an imaginary story. But then, aren’t they all?”

8 Likes

Yes!!! How did I forget that one!

2 Likes

“You can’t help it if you’re an idiot.”

Man, I love JLI.

2 Likes

“I’m the Goshdarn Batma–” from Superman/Batman

5 Likes

Getting killed is bad enough. But to death?! The only thing that could possibly be worse is getting murdered for the rest of your life!

9 Likes