What's Your Favorite Comic Quote

Superheroes sure know how to make the good words come out of their lower face holes! What quote is your favorite, whether it’s inspirational, heartwarming, or just plain funny.

I’ve got a lot, but right now the one that comes to mind is “Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue, if you can pacify, and don’t raise a hand at all, until you’ve extended it.” From Wonder Woman vol. 3 #2. (I think that’s the 2006 series.)

15 Likes

Somewhere in the Suicide Squad crossover The Janus Directive, the elemental Firestorm says, “I don’t have power. I am power.”

That always struck me as a cool bit of badassery.

9 Likes

I HAVE THAT ONE! Approximately in 8 hours it will be in this very post

4 Likes

the%20elevator sound%20effects

These were candidates for my Senior Quote. Like this post if you want more lol

10 Likes

Any sarcastic comment by Alfred. When he gets a chance to throw a zinger. They are always quality. Alfred has the best dialogue.

11 Likes
5 Likes

Anything Alfred says, it always has an air of " I’m gonna let you think that, even tho you are wrong"

4 Likes

@ralphsix here it is!! Here!! In this very spot!!

6 Likes

Thank you! That’s way cool. What issue was it in?

3 Likes

no idea. All this stuff is just in a folder labeled “Firestorm” on a thumb drive

2 Likes

Aw, man! Okay, I’ll figure it out eventually. Still, that’s cool that you happened to have it.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

6 Likes

4 Likes

I don’t know that I can narrow it down to one favorite quote, but the story the leads to the death of Herbert Small in Detective Comics 385 ends with Batman saying something about a man who went unnoticed most of his life; “But Herbert Small didn’t die…small… He died… BIG!”
This line shows how important Batman is to keeping order in the world and how Batman doesn’t see the sacrifice of the small guy as insignificant.

5 Likes

“You say I have no power? Perhaps you speak truly. But, you say that dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar… Ask yourselves, all of you, what power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?” -Dream

7 Likes

“I am woman, hear me roar.”-Plastic Man whilst disguised as Batman.

2 Likes

“Good Question.”-Renee Montoya
Image result for renee montoya the question

3 Likes

Superman v2 #75
Clark to Lois: “Now, Doomsday gets HIS!”

Superman/Batman #1
Batman: “Do me a favor Clark: Lose the sense of humor.”
Superman: “Do us both a favor Bruce: Buy a sense of humor.”

Green Lantern ('05-'11) #24
Hal: “Let’s light 'em up!”

Superman ('16-'18) #1