What's the 1st DC Comic you ever purchased?

Red Hood: The Lost Days

flash vol. 2 #47 1990 issue

Teen Titans (2016-) #20

The Brave and The Bold, issue 30, starring the Justice League of America, available at this site, was the beginning of me buying comics , around 1960, when I was ten.

Prior to that, I bought Detective Comics 255 because of the dinosaurs on the covers. I loved dinosaurs. I found that story in an old 100 page Batman annual yesterday. It is a murder mystery and Batman as Batman is not needed in the story

2 Likes

Flash Rebirth Volume 1

With my own nickels? Saga of the swamp thing 2, with the kickass photo cover. Hes been in my top 5 characters ever since

2 Likes

The Death of Superman

1 Like

Batman: Court of Owls

1 Like

Adventure 300

4 Likes

Oracle and Black Canary: Birds of Prey

4 Likes

Batman beyond rebirth issue whichever is the first one in the second arc

1 Like

Harley Quinn #1 before that it was X-Men

1 Like

I didn’t really have a first. when I was younger, one of my uncles friends gave me a lot of his comic.

3 Likes

Superman #1, from the late 80’s run by John Byrne. I was six and saw the cover of superman in that vulnerable state with Metallo staring down over him with his kryptonite heart.

3 Likes

Batman and robin issue 16 from the dick/Damian run

1 Like

Gotham city sirens vol.1

1 Like

My first ever comic purchase was Harley Quinn and Batman #1, and I just glumly assumed all comics were that short. Didn’t end up liking the mini-series, anyway, either. Harley Quinn’s still my 2nd-favorite character of all time, though.

1 Like

Batman 1938

1 Like

The killing joke

3 Likes

Showing my age here, however, the 1st DC comic was back in the early '60s and I can’t even remember what one it would have been cause the comics I was purchasing had no covers. Back then, the local news shops that sold comics use to remove the cover and returned them for credit as being unsold, They would then sell the comics with the missing covers for like 2 for $.10 or 6 for $.25, so as a kid with limited cash, I’d buy the missing cover comics. Hence it’s harder to remember what number comic I was reading.

2 Likes