What's the 1st DC Comic you ever purchased?

Justice League of America #192.

3 Likes

It is hard to forget your first comic book :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am pretty sure mine was, Superman earth one.

2 Likes

Worldā€s Finest #253. From 1978. Cover features Superman in the act of unmasking Batman. The actual story didnā€™t have this specific scene, but did involve Batman going undercover in a foreign kingdom, if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

Canā€™t remember when I was a kid, but I do remember when I got back into conics as a teen the first one I bought was Flash Rebirth. Love that story.

1 Like

New 52 Wonder Woman

2 Likes

First book I purchased as an adult was a volume: Red Hood and the Outlaws new 52

1 Like

The first book I ever purchased from DC comics was Infinite Crisis #1 when I came back to comics. Before that books were purchased by my dad and I read them. I had moved to San Francisco and they had Wonder-Con at that time. Infinite Crisis was being announced and I remember Dan Didio saying you want multiverse, you got multiverse. He then showed a pic from it and since then I have preferred DC. I found myself drawn into every single character and have been reading back issues catching up ever since.

3 Likes

First ever?..Thatā€™s mid 1970ā€™s Iā€™d say (roughly) an issue of Super Friends. all I remember about it was that the Monocle was the bad guy.

2 Likes

Superman #75 the death of Superman issue

3 Likes

Not sure of the issue but Clark Kent was a news anchor at WGBS

2 Likes

Batman detective comics #1, the beginning of the new 52 run. Got it from Toys R Us. I donā€™t have a comic book store or even a book store in my town, so my collection is limited. But dang it was good to start.

1 Like

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow by Alan Moore

2 Likes

Action comics 432, i think, which remains one of my all time favorite single issue stories. It was a teamup between supes and the og toyman, winslow p schott, against a new toyman, jack nimbull, who schott thought was tarnishing the toyman name & rep. It showed supermanā€™s generous spirit, even towards an enemy, to help bring down a possibly worse criminal using the same shtick in order to convince the older foe that they didnā€™t have to be enemies, that the older foe could do good in the world. The ironic twist end to the story i found out some years later. In superman 305, i think it was. Stuff happened to cause schott to turn down a darker path, which showed that even superman can make a mistake by not following up on something he should haveā€¦

1 Like

The 2 issues taken as a single story showed that comics could tell complex stories that were for not kids only, and paved the way for more adult stories laterā€¦

Hey, BrightKnight, you are not old, but instead a seasoned, loyal DC fan who had the good fortune to live through the Silver Age of comics. I own that Detective Comics #298 (first Silver Age Clayface) and it is a prized gem in my Batman collection. My first Detective Comics was #351 (The Cluemasterā€™s Topsy-Turvy Crimes) and it was either the 2nd or 3rd comic I ever purchased as a kid.

1 Like

It was so long ago I no longer remember but Iā€™m pretty sure it came packed with a Super Powers action figure.

1 Like

First Superman comic I got was The Death Of Supermanā€¦Changed my lifeā€¦

3 Likes

2003 Geoff Johns Vol. 1 Teen Titans

I think it was Batman: The Man Who Laughs

2 Likes