What's the 1st DC Comic you ever purchased?

Do you remember the first DC comic you ever purchased? Mine was Robin III Cruy of the Huntress Issue #4.

That later turned into being hooked on The Death of Superman Series, Nightfall, Teen Titans, Legion of Superheros and The Flash (Wally West at the time)

So share some of your firsts and what they grew into :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Court of owls, loved it

2 Likes

Batman: Night Cries

1 Like

New 52 Batman #1

1 Like

Justice League of America #91.

2 Likes

Hmm…Robin volume one #1, maybe? I vividly remember it and the store I bought it at when that book was new.

2 Likes

I know I had some late 70’s and early 80’s Batman comics which I would get off spinner racks or at grocery store. The first issue I remember buying, keeping and starting to “collect” started with Justice League #5 1987.

2 Likes

My first comic was Batman: Year One. I feel like it was a good first comic to get started!

4 Likes

The first comic I remember reading was a trade paperback of silver age Superman comics. The first comics I remember buying were robin 3000 and a Batman knightfall comic.

1 Like

Batman hush collection. Still read it every now and then.

1 Like

Shadow of the Bat #1

250px-Shadow_of_the_Bat_1.jpg

1 Like

Robin II: The Jokers Wild #1

1 Like

Justice League of America #233…the first monthly issue featuring Justice League Detroit.

1 Like

I made a collage image of All the comics I remember getting during the first few trips I took to our local comic shop with my Dad. It was these stories that would start me on my path of loving comics & exploring the characters outside of the media I had watched with them. However it wasn’t till the Hush storyline tho that I started collecting & reading major story arcs. But each comic in the photo made a major impact in both my childhood & mind, that’s for sure.

2018-11-10-22-24-59-zpspm6n6aoi.jpg

2 Likes

First DC comic I remember buying was Batman 209, December 1968.
Remember picking it up off a spinner rack at the grocery store and begging my mom to buy it for me…

3 Likes

The 25 Cent Giant Superman #193 with the Death of Superman story. Yeah, I’m old.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/0717/31/superman-193_1_5a3fc803a452eedfa0a3aeea1e13489e.jpg

1 Like

The return of Superman

3 Likes

Detective Comics #298, first Silver Age Clayface. Yeah I’m really old

5 Likes

First one I ever bought, and wasn’t given, I’m pretty sure was either Midnighter (original run) or one of the Countdown issues. That’s when I got my first job in high school. Before that, the first comic I ever owned was a beat up old issue of Reign of the Supermen with Steel. I found it in my Grandma’s barn as a little kid. It was in plastic, so it was actually fine for the most part. Just a bit of folds.

3 Likes

Crisis on Infinite Earths #1…changed everything for me.

2 Likes