This week is full of continuations for many fantastic stories, including:

• City Boy (2023)
  • Power Girl (2023-)
  • The Penguin (2023-)

Let’s see what else is on the roster:

DCUI ULTRA RELEASES

DCUI EARLY ACCESS

DCUI NEW COMICS

And that’s not all! Make sure to also check out what’s going on in our community this week!

Let us know what you’re checking out first in the comments below! :point_down:

8 Likes

The Ultra & regular lists are switched

4 Likes

That they are! I’ve fixed this now. Thanks for the heads-up!

5 Likes

Thanks for the quick fix. Easy mistake. I assume that’s why Santa always checks his lists twice.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to read Batman89 : Echo, I’m so very excited about it, Can’t wait to read it! And The Penguin as well.:smiley:

7 Likes

Be sure to drop your thoughts here:

6 Likes

Batman/Santa #4

6 Likes

Stops and takes in a breath of air.

To paraphrase one of my favorite Kevin Smith-created characters, I LOVE the smell of New Comics Day on Ultra…even if I am two days late. :smirk:

Goes over to the buffet and eagerly rubs his hands together while looking over the delicious reading stew before him.

Titles I read in the wee hours of 12/26:

• Action Comics #1059
  • The Flash #3

Titles I’ll read as the week progresses:

• Amazons Attack #2
  • Steelworks #6
  • Titans: Beast World #1

Batman '89: Echoes looks neat, but I’ll hold off for now and read it during next year’s 35th anniversary celebration of Tim Burton’s Batman.

6 Likes

I wish I had the self-control you do friend.

3 Likes

For $19.89 (and free S&H), I’ll send you a pamphlet that will detail how you too can have similar self-control.

Said pamphlet will appear to be a Warner Home Video mail-order catalog from 1989. Upon further inspection of it, you’ll find…looks around then leans in and whispers The Secrets™. :batman_hv_5:

Seriously though, I want to re-read Batman '89 before I dive into Echoes.

Heck, I may even read this book I’ve had for years, but have never read in-full before I even re-read Batman '89, let alone dive into Echoes for the first time:

Paging Resplendent @DC89: Have you read Batman’s novelization?

2 Likes

I did, in the early 2000s. :+1: One big take away- it was cool how in The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan kinda’ sorta’ pays homage to the sequence in the book that had Keaton running across rooftops with a ski mask-esque look like Baleman had on in TDKR.
:smiley::+1:

3 Likes

That’s in the Batman novelization that’s been sitting in my bedroom for years and years?!

Well hot damn, I need to read it now!

Thanks for the 411. :superman_hv_4:

1 Like

Oof- my bad for the spoiler. :face_with_spiral_eyes: I misread your post and thought you had already read the book.

2 Likes

Oh, no worries. You’re good.

It wasn’t a Simpsons-style “Wow! Who would have guessed Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker’s father?” reveal or anything, so you’re cool, Chip. :+1:t2:

From what I have read of the novelization though, I’ve evidently not read the part where Bruce scrambles over rooftops, Begins-style.

1 Like