Let’s Talk About Batman ‘89: Echoes

You wanna get nuts? Let’s get nuts! After Harvey Dent’s crusade against Gotham and Batman, the Caped Crusader has disappeared without a trace. In his place, ordinary citizens have taken to the streets to root out crime. As innocents get hurt, the question on everyone’s mind is the same: Where is Batman?

4 Likes

I picked it up but decided to revisit the previous Batman 89 mini-series since I never read all 6 issues in one go.

5 Likes

Read the 1st issue earlier today and it was a pretty good start! I think it’s especially interesting to see how they’re handling Harley. Not only does her being a TV psychiatrist feel fitting for that period, but having her do deep dives into Joker’s henchpeople does feel like it could be an effective way for her to become infatuated w/ him even after his death. Also hoping it’s not too long before Babs suits up as :00_batgirl1:

And on the last page, that was Bruce, right? I felt like that was the reveal given that it looked like a bearded Keaton, though I’m not sure why he wouldn’t be recognized once he was brought in

5 Likes

I liked #1 quite a bit.

Very interested to see what all happens next.

And I thought it was Bruce….now I’m questioning myself….lol.

5 Likes

Issue one was good. Excited to see where it goes next

4 Likes

its getting interesting and Nuts…as the Burtonverse should be.

3 Likes

Got this one comin’ in the mail today. :smiley:
:00_batgirl1: :00_harley_quinn: :00_batman_1989:

3 Likes

Yep- that’s him.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Now that it’s arrived on Ultra, please share your thoughts on the first issue.

4 Likes

The first aspect that struck me about this new series is how much cleaner and tighter Quinones’s art is in the story. The imagery is solid and not distracted like it was in the first series.

Here’s my most fave things:

-BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey: :00_batman_1989:

My gurrrlll looks fantastic! Also very cool that she made captain in the GCPD. Her investigation of the mass halucinations taking place in Gotham has begun and I’m eager to see where it leads. :+1:

-Madonna is Harleeeyyy!
:00_harley_quinn: :00_harlivy: :00_harley_quinn: :00_harlivy: :00_harley_quinn: :00_harlivy:

So fantastic to see Harley in the Burtonverse and that she’s based on The Icon makes it sooo much more amazing! It’s going to be a lot of fun watching her charadter develop over the course of this series. :smiley: :smiley:

January, issue #2:

I’m ready!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

6 Likes

I really enjoy reading the first issue, the beginning kind of reminds me of The Dark Knight and the video game ‘Gotham Imposter.’ I’m really looking forward to 2nd issue, sadly we may have to wait a bit longer til it arrives on DC Universe Infinite.
I really like every bit of this & Superman78 new story adventures. :smiley:

4 Likes

I haven’t picked this up yet but been wondering what others thought of it

4 Likes

I’m really enjoying this series so far. The art strikes me as so much better than the first one.

I agree with this completely!

6 Likes

Next issue: January 30th 2024

The moment that I’ve hoped would happen my entire fandom life (along with getting Barbara in during the last series): BG makes her first appearance in the Burtonverse!
BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey: :00_batman_1989:

7 Likes

:smiley: :fist_right: :fist_left:

6 Likes

After catching up on Batman 89, I got my hands on Echos first issue. Solid first issue!

3 Likes

:smiley: :fist_right: :fist_left:

2 Likes

Without the DC family I probably wouldn’t even be as interested in all the other comics and just have been sticking to Harley and Ivy. I’m glad I’m branching out now. I hadn’t ever been so invested in tons of series at once lol

1 Like

Agreed. If it hadn’t been for this wonderful place I might not have ever hit the pages of the Titans and Doom Patrol.
:smiley: :00_teen_titans: :doom_patrol_club:

1 Like