What DC Live Action Moments Made YOU Cry?

In Doom Patrol season two when we see Kay’s father put her down their well. The idea that someone would hurt/harm their child is already heartbreaking enough, and the scene where we see it for the first time was one of my breaking points, especially because it’s really the first time we see her being abused, while the main sexual abuse she’s had was never shown with her as a child but was always implied, mostly due to the fact that they had a child actor, and I’m glad that DP and even Titans had their limitations on showing abuse with a child actor unlike Cuties. This was one of the first times we see a child be physically in a situation that is understandably terrifying, being left alone outside for many hours and waiting for said abuser to come back… plus the begging and crying for him not to do it… it got me big time. I will never understand how and why there are people who have no problems with being abusive or unkind to someone, especially to children. I know there’s a bit of psychology that has looked into it but still, morality and empathy are still a thing.

So while I’m here, I will go ahead and plug in #EndIt​:x: #Saveourchildren

Be a good person, make good decisions.

6 Likes

Cuties = :eyes: :open_mouth: :angry: for me.

3 Likes

Same with me and mom. My mom and her friends have really cracked down on this topic and have had to do a lot of cancel culture of their own.

3 Likes

about titians that scene with Hank and don and their coach when there young terrified me, the unknown of it made it even more horrifying

4 Likes

Agreed

3 Likes

My rage and disgust reached zenith proportions when Doucouré had the audacity to feign dumbfoundedness at the rightfully disdainful reactions to her blatant pedo-fest of a film by both the critic’s and film enthusiast communities. So shocking to see this bright and up and coming filmmaker go for such an ugly cash grab (especially at the cost of the kiddo actors in her “film”), especially after she made such a meaningful mark within the movie world with her acclaimed short ’ Maman(s)’.

3 Likes

Agreed. What makes it worse is that this is an issue in Hollywood anyway (yet no one stops it). I’m glad that DC doesn’t do that.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I couldn’t remember a live action DC scene I cried at, but this was one, for sure. I cried more than half the episode.

3 Likes

Agreed @Izzy11.

3 Likes

Oliver’s death in Crisis on Infinite Earths, obviously.

Someone probably mentioned it before.

5 Likes

Ollie wasn’t mentioned yet.

Speaking of Oliver. There were so many deaths (and resurrections) on Arrow that I might have gotten jaded. Tommy Merlyn’s death was one of the most powerful scenes of the series.

5 Likes

Yup, and, subsequently, the vision of him in the episode “Three Ghosts”

4 Likes

Jonathan Kent’s death in Superman: The Movie.

Every. Time.

4 Likes

It was actually that particular Superman in JLU that made me start hating superman as I realized he has an inborn arrogance I do not like.

1 Like

JLU huh? Is there a particular episode or arc that turned you off to Superman?

2 Likes

JLU: episode 16 is when i realized the arrogance issue…given i am a huge batman fan its kind of odd that i have issues with superman over arrogance, then again batman’s arrogance generally does not put anyone but himself in harms way, well Justice league Dark AW shows what superman’s arrogance is capable of.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s my only dislike in the DCAU… that arrogance they add ta Supe’s

1 Like

Yes that’s a great scene, coming right after Glenn Ford telling Clark he was sent here for a reason. I get just as tearful when Clark says goodbye to his mother.

4 Likes

“Batfleck”

5 Likes

I’m moved by that scene, but not misty-eyed (never say never though, right? :slight_smile: ). The cinematography in that scene though…whistles. Beautiful, just beautiful.

3 Likes