What DC Live Action Moments Made YOU Cry?

The only scene that came close to me to shed a tear was when Superman sacrifice himself to defeat Doomsday in Batman v Superman movie.
I watched just about every DC movie, show and cartoon but that’s the only time I got close to a tear.

4 Likes

Stein dying messed me up! But not as bad as Olly kicking the bucket! I have watched arrow since the night it premiered so that one was tough

3 Likes

While seeing Oliver die was tough, I felt very prepared for it, compared to Professor Stein’s death. I broke down a second time when Jefferson visited Clarissa and Lily to break the news.

4 Likes

I’m both pleased and surprised that no one has mentioned the scene where Harley Quinn loses her egg sandwich in Birds of Prey :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

Too painful…we had all suppressed the memory…:tired_face:

5 Likes

I thought I was ready to say bye to Olly but it was tougher than I thought for sure lol

4 Likes

Gave me chills!

3 Likes

As the leader of the Legendary Island of Misfits, I’d have to agree with Martin’s death in the crossover. I bawled when I knew he wanted to have Jefferson let him go. He did not want him to die too. It just hit me so hard.
I would also say the episode of Smallville where Lana died in the first half so Clark asks the Fortress for a way to turn back time. A life still had to be paid and this time it was his dad. It was so sad whenClark just went through one tragedy, had to keep his secret from Lana, only to lose his father from a heart attack as he died protecting his son. Also the song that opens the episode is happy to start but then ends on a different lyric that’s more depressing when the day restarts

5 Likes

Die hard flash fan, starting when Flash (Wally West) of JLU came within a hair of sacrificing himself to stop a fused LUTHOR/BRAINIAC. Brilliant moment but not live action. My most emotional in no particular order:

The whole transition on Smallville when Clark destroyed his ship, inadvertently causing Martha Kent to miscarriage culminating in a very emotional battle between Clark and a super powered Johnathan for essentially Clark’s soul. His guilt and Johnathan’s drive to bring his son home.

Clark finding Alicia’s body after the meteor freak killed her. His grief.

Jimmy Olsen’s sacrifice to stop Davis and Chloe’s heartbreak as he dies in her arms.

Smallville version of Johnathan Kent’s death. No words needed.

Both Eddie Thawne’s sacrifice and Barry’s goodbye to his Mom in the season 1 finale.

Henry Allen’s death and final words.

“Forgive me… but to me you’ve been dead for centuries.” Thawne’s whole talk with Cisco and Cisco crying before Thawne ‘kills him’

The whole Runaway Dinosaur episode (when in the speed force)

Nora’s Death (daughter Nora,)

Ralph’s ‘death’ at the hands of the Thinker

Watching Barry basically run himself ragged trying to stop the exploded nuke in Flashtime.

Winn from Supergirl recounting his relationship with his father.

Leonard Smart giving his life to save the legends.

Moira Queen’s death.

Tommy Merlin’s death.

Steve Trevor dies to save everyone.

It was an awful movie and just plain terrible but in Batman and Robin where we might face the possibility of losing Alfred Pennyworth. Surrogate father for Bruce.

Dick Grayson seeing his dead family from the roof above in Batman Forever. The heartbreak on his face.

There’s just too many to choose from.

6 Likes

Def teared up or cried during Wonder Woman “No Man’s Land” scene, All Man of Steel Trailers, Danny The Street eps of Doom Patrol, and i think think some time in the nolan movies it probably happened

5 Likes

YES! :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

In addition to it being a scene of a united force against Steppenwolf, it reminded me of the varying scenes in the LOTR Trilogy where similar armies would swell and rise against an enemy.

4 Likes

I highly agree with both of these.

One of the few legitimately good things about Batman & Robin is its emphasis on the importance of family, especially one that consists of people who are not related to each other, but still deeply connected.

Any scene with Alfred, or where someone emphasizes him and his importance, outshines everything else in the movie. Within those scenes, there are no puns, no structural/thematic redundancies from Batman Forever, no lazy music reuse from said movie, none of that. Just good writing and acting, accentuated by Elliot Goldenthal’s touching music, which was among the small amount of new music composed for Batman & Robin, and not lifted from Batman Forever (roughly 90% of that movie’s score was reused for B&R).

Re: Dick’s reaction to his family in Batman Forever, that was a strong moment. I especially took note of how the lighting in the Hippodrome changed from bright and colorful when the Graysons were alive to dark and forboding once Dick sees them from above. A subtle change to underscore what had happened.

4 Likes

Welcome to the DCU @smak101314.82153! :grinning: :+1:

4 Likes

@smak101314.82153 Welcome to our community and I appreciate you sharing!

I’m rewatching all of Smallville for the first time since the original airings, and you’re reminding me what I have to look forward to. I remember all of the scenes you mentioned, except for Martha’s miscarriage. That sounds intense.

For the Flash, I need to add Barry saying goodbye to his parents in Flashpoint. And I love your other selections from the Arrowverse.

@Vroom I haven’t watched the Schumacher Batman movies - I guess I need to now :thinking:

Thank you and I hope to see more of you around here!

4 Likes

Don’t watch the Schumacher Batmans with preconceived notions based on what you read on the Internet.

Batman Forever is a pretty solid movie all around.

Batman & Robin is…not, but it’s still a ton of fun. Just not the fun Schumacher thought it would be. He did apologize for the movie though, so he’s earned credit from the fans for that. The opening action sequence is pretty solid too, in all honesty.

4 Likes

I think if you watch the Schumacher Batman movies with the mindset that it’s the Adam West Batman but with a budget, they’re much better.

5 Likes

A few years ago, a friend of mine theorized that the Schumacher movies were how Batman was adapted into film within the Burtonverse.

Me? Batman Forever is the sequel to Batman Returns and concludes the trilogy. Ignorance is bliss regarding B&R. :wink:

5 Likes

It was at the end of season 2. The episode was very depressing.

3 Likes

I cried all the way through Wonder Woman.

Movie starts, me: :sob:
Diana shows up on the screen, me :sob:
Women being awesome on Paradise island, me: :astonished:, :sob:
etc.

5 Likes

When I realized there isn’t going to be a live action show with Batman

5 Likes