What DC Live Action Moments Made YOU Cry?

@TheTerribleToyman thanks for letting me know. I was a lapsed comic reader through most of the 90’s and 2000’s. I became curious with the New 52 and the Justice League series pulled me back in. I’ll need to check out the Peter David run, I’ve enjoyed his writing.

2 Likes

Peter David did for my generation what Geoff Johns did for the younger generation: He made Aquaman a badass. Ever seen the pictures of Aquaman with a hook hand? That happened during issue 2 of his run. Prior to that, he did the Time and Tide miniseries, which basically acted as a Year One for his run. And a few years before that in 1990, he wrote a miniseries called The Chronicles of Atlantis, which really didn’t have Aquaman. It was more about the history of Atlantis, and was my introduction into that world.

4 Likes

That might be my most memorable scene from CW’s CRISIS. The flashback to Tina really tugged at my heart, even though I hadn’t watched Flash '90 since the original run.

3 Likes

Also, if you’re truly interested in Peter David’s run, All of his Aquaman stuff is on this service

The Atlantis Chronicles
Time & Tide
Aquaman Volume 5 (through issue 46, if I remember correctly)

:trident:

5 Likes

Martin Stein’s Death

Kara sending Mon-El away

Martin Stein’s Death

Martin Stein’s Death

MARTIN STEIN’S DEATH!!! :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

9 Likes

This scene from MoS

4 Likes

The No Man’s Land scene from Wonder Woman. In that moment, Diana went from being an Amazon to being Wonder Woman. She said “no more” and literally charged into the face of death.

7 Likes

YES. It’s a scene that carries more weight when you watch it again, because you know what’s coming.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more

4 Likes

@Aquaman I’ve just read Issues 1 and 2 of the 1994 series. I’m more familiar with Arthur’s more recent continuity so it was a real kick seeing Garth and Dolphin, new (to me) villains.

Thanks for hooking me up!

3 Likes

My pleasure. Tuning people into Aquaman comics brings me joy :trident:

5 Likes

Even Superman from superman the animated series/ justice league ?

2 Likes

Because I have been waiting forever for this to happen

5 Likes

There have been so many moments, but since I haven’t seen Gotham mentioned yet, I’m throwing it into the mix. Only the very first ep, when Bruce’s parents were killed. I’ve seen that murder play out so many times, but never before with that kind of reaction from Bruce.

Hearing a young child let out a scream of such raw horror and despair had tears coming to my eyes before I realized what was happening. Major props to David Mazouz for his acting in that moment.

5 Likes

That’s an awesome scene! Thanks for including the link!

2 Likes

Absolutely. You know what’s coming, but the way the scene plays out here, you expect Bruce to be shot too. Who knows the reasons, but the robber WANTS the boy to live with torment of his parents’ horrifying murder. So yes, Bruce’s reaction is perfect.

4 Likes

I never thought of it from that angle, but you’re right! Makes it all the more chilling.

4 Likes

One of the most important and soulful moments within the DC film universe for me takes place in ‘Justice League’ during Steppenwolf’s arrival at Themyscira to lay claim to the Motherbox. Watching the Amazon sisterhood selflessly rise up to face the wicked Apokolips borne toady as he maliciously cuts his way towards his prize only to be faced with the ever indomitable wellspring of Amazonian power at every turn seems to make me more and more tearful every time I watch it. JL helmer Zack Snyder truly fortifies ‘Wonder Woman’ director Patty Jenkins’ hugely inspirational interpretation of the sisterhood of Themyscira in a visceral and unforgettable way. It just hits me right in the heart every time I press the play button on the scene. So much honor, so much unity, and so much strenth among the sisters. Oh, and BTW- ‘Gladiator’ actor Connie Nielsen is flawless in the part of Queen Hippolyta. So, SO great in the role.

(the part that really gets to me comes at the 4:10 min mark when legions of the sisterhood come riding so very fiercely over the hill :cry:)

Forever strength. Forever grace. Forever sisterhood. Forever Wonder Woman. :wonderwoman:

image-placeholder-title WW101Gear_thumb_5f908ea9c1a585.57834608

9 Likes

YES and thank you! Amidst all the JL bashing I enjoyed the original release, and I hope this scene gets even better in the Snyder Cut.

In WW, while everyone singles out Steve Trevor’s courage and sacrifice, I get more emotional over how Diana responds with even greater determination to topple Ares and avenge humanity!

4 Likes

YES. Agreed @mylehigh2000.28963. :+1:

3 Likes