What Are You Currently Reading?

Checking this one out :books::purple_heart:

Ps. Welcome aboard, @CoolHandDean! :wave:

6 Likes

Just read Batgirl Year One. Was only going to read an issue or two, but ended up reading the whole series in one sitting. It was that good!

6 Likes

Currently reading this 10 issue run, I’m on #5 right now and it’s been pretty good so far!

I especially loved #3 and Wildcat grappling with the issues of getting older, and how that affects his ability to fight. His solution at the end made me smile :+1:

8 Likes

The number of times I’ve ended up reading an entire series when originally intending on only reading a few issues is far too many!

9 Likes

In between new releases, I am currently reading:

• Detective Comics (1964-1969, the Elongated Man backup years)
  • Infinity Inc. (1982)
  • Darkstars (1992)
10 Likes

I picked this up before I saw The Flash movie, but haven’t had a chance to read it until now! Fun! :smiley::star_struck:
BTW the plot in one of the stories in this comic book gives more details on how Flash got his upgraded suit.

11 Likes

Just started rereadin the latest iteration of The Justice League. Better than I remembered.

7 Likes

Brian “Kiss my” Azzarello’s Wonder Woman

5 Likes

Giving this one a go later.

I was just talking about this a couple days ago. :purple_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold: Hope you’re able to enjoy it @MatthewHecht on some level, anyway. I know it gets a bad wrap from some.

6 Likes

The Batman: Arkham Knight tie in comics. Brings me back to when I was in highschool (back in 2018).

5 Likes

I am mostly focusing on the Geoff Johns run of Teen Titans right now. I’ve always loved Johns and have been wanting to read more Teen Titans, since I’m not super familiar with them, so I’ve been really enjoying it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Well, I loved it (okay, I loved all WW stuff so I’m not the best judge :smiley:).

5 Likes

I normally hear it is the best Wonder Woman run, so I chose it (and it is in New 52 so good sign).

4 Likes

It is, unfortunately, the Wonder Woman run I enjoy least and find most offensive/destructive to her history. But it’s very polarizing.

5 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s a little too invested in the Greek mythological aspect of Wonder Woman. That’s part of it, but it doesn’t feel to me like it captures the messages of feminism and pursuit of harmony that are central to the character. It takes a rather more violent approach I’m not too comfortable with for Diana.

Gorgeous art though. Cliff Chiang is an incredible talent.

5 Likes

My favorite is Greg Rucka’s Rebirth run.

4 Likes

I like the original Rucka run a little bit better, personally. But he’s one of the best.

5 Likes

Recently, I got caught up with all the Milestone Returns titles. It even has me itching to check out the original Milestone books and I’m eyeing the Compendium collections on Amazon.

But as for right now, reading Jon Ostrander’s “Martian Manhunter” and after that I plan on reading Marc Andreyko’s “Manhunter”

6 Likes

It came right after a reboot. That is the perfect time for major changes.

4 Likes

The size of the changes aren’t why I dislike it.

5 Likes