What Are You Currently Reading?

You wanted bigger changes? Since they are on paper they are by definition paper thin.

5 Likes

Well, when you read the Rucka runs, let me know.

4 Likes

Just started “A Nice House On the Lake,” and thus far LOVE it

6 Likes

While reading the Finch squared run it is very hard to see that. The Azzarello/Chiang run is mostly WW and her Motley Crew peacefully talking to each other. The actual ammount of violence feels very small. In contrast the Finch run normally has everybody talk while fighting.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Aka a man and his clone! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Me and wingsy

2 Likes

Finished New 52 Wonder Woman. Aome series slowly decline, but not this one. It dropped rapidly with one issue then again 14 issues and one annual later.

7 Likes

Batman Year One

5 Likes

Suicide Squad Infinite Frontier

Enjoyed it. The team against Waller. A unique team. Nice mystery and a fun end. Ambush was a great surprise.

Titans Academy

A nice read that suffered from to much. It was best when it focused on the students. I enjoyed them forming friendships and learning about themselves and their powers. Becoming a team. When it focused a lot in the Titans themselves a lot at the end or the crossover stuff such as Shazam and earth 3 it hurt the flow a bit in my opinion. Shazam wasn’t that bad as it tied well with the red x future state story which was nice. But the titans really did nothing in earth 3. They showed up fought and left. But in the end a nice book when looking at the new heroes and a sweet end.

War for earth 3. Cool idea for an event but should have just been a suicide squad event. The non squad tie ins should have been tie ins as appose to parts 3 and 4 because it felt really rush but still had some cool moments.

5 Likes

I started reading the entire Knightfall arc for the first time in a decade. I am having a blast with it.

12 Likes

Welcome to the community @xmonkey76.18245. Please let me or any of the other moderators know if you need anything. We are happy to have you here!

6 Likes

I decided to jump into 1980s DC recently. I read the opening arc of the Detroit Era Justice League, then the first few issues of Captain Atom, then started Starman until it crossed over with Invasion! Now I’m reading through that crossover event.

The thing that really struck me is how much of this stuff appears in the Arrowverse. From the new Justice Leaguers (Vibe, Vixen, Gypsy) to the actual Invasion! storyline, it’s clear that the architects of the Arrowverse drew a lot from the mid-to-late 1980s.

5 Likes

As of this summer:
Batman/Superman: World’s Finest
Shazam!
Justice Society of America
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Superman
Action Comics
Superman: The Last Days of Lex Luthor
Batman
Detective Comics (But it’s on the bubble.)
Avengers (Now that Jason Aarons is gone.)
And forthcoming:
The Flash (Still think it was a mistake to remove Jeremy Adams)
Green Lantern: War Journal
World’s Finest: Teen Titans
Captain America (Now that JMS is on the book)
And I am still on the fence with the new team on one of my favorite characters: Daredevil.
Dropped Amazing Spider-Man after the debacle that was issue #26. And have no interest in reading Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man (God did Marvel screw him up!). And I don’t want to be too negative, and overly critical, but jeez the current Fantastic Four comic is beyond dreadful!! Dropped that one like a hot potato!

6 Likes

I finally got around to reading the very first Batgirl ongoing, starring Cassandra Cain. Just reminds me how much I love her :heart:

8 Likes

welcome its always nice to hear from other batman fan

5 Likes

thats awesome :heart:

5 Likes

YOU GUYS I am finally reading this I can’t believe it took me this long to get around to it because it is SO GOOD. 1,000,000% recommend!

6 Likes

Yes! It really is. Definitely one of my favorite Superman comics. :+1:

5 Likes