What Are You Currently Reading?

Welcome to the community @Tim_Kinnie! :partying_face: Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :turtle:

7 Likes

Welcome to the community!

6 Likes

I’m way, WAY behind on my regular books. However when I get a chance, I’ve been pulling up public domain stuff, in particular, Police Comics. Mainly I’ve been reading the Plastic Man, Phantom Lady and Human Bomb sections of that book.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community, @Tim_Kinnie!

7 Likes

Welcome to the community!

6 Likes

Batman #387 from September of 1985. The first arc with Black Mask

6 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

Thank You : D

5 Likes

Today’s reading. It’s about menstrual cycles

9 Likes

Welcome to the site! If you mean the current Nightwing run by Taylor, I really am enjoying the art on it, and think he is very creative with his page and panel designs/layout, which has IMHO, helped Tom out with his plotting and scripting in ways that say Timm, while an excellent artist in his own right, did not in Son of Kal-El.

As I’ve mentioned before, I believe here and in other threads on the site, I’ve been re-reading Hellblazer from the Delano start, and was planning to read it all the way through, since my local library system owns the entire Vertigo run in physical collected edition, but for some reason, Volume 7 keeps “walking off” and they keep having to re-order it and someone else grabs it (and then it eventually “disappears” - they’ve literally bought it twice in the past 18 months, so I am indirectly contributing to DC’s profits). I also just moved across the county, into a nearby city, where we have a different branch system where they have a lot of GNs as ebooks and Hoopla access but few physicals, sadly (barely a few shelves, whereas the City of LA probably owns over 7-10K different and very diverse collected TPBs as an “intelligent” (or so I claim) guess. I can travel a reasonable distance to a local branch (less than a few KMs away) and still continue to pick up Hellblazer and other collected editions, so will be getting back to that, but in the meantime, I decided to finally get to the three volumes of the Bendis Young Justice, so I could feel my blood pressure go up on the daily while I contemplated that those idiotically needless spikes on Conner’s leathers were a conscious choice by Patrick Gleason before he scurried away to Marble. And no one has had the you know what to bother getting rid of them, even Mora, in any subsequent post Bendis use of Superboy.

I’m barely half-way through the GEM WORLD arc and boy does Bendis sure deserves his reputation for creating pointlessly unhelpful OCs, and excessive use of words. I’ll comment more when I start the second arc/vol. 2. I do really like some of the other art, stupid &*^%$ spikes notwithstanding!

4 Likes

Caught up with the current Wonder Woman arc (I like to save them up for a bit and read them at once) and now I am heading to Lazarus Planet.

6 Likes

Just finished Road to No Mans Land. Now I’m moving into No Mans Land. It’ll take me a while to read through 4 omnibus.

8 Likes

You can do it son.

7 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

Welcome back to the community @BradRickettII! :partying_face: I hope you are enjoying your comic - in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything.

6 Likes

I just finished reading Atlantis Cronicles by Peter David and Esteban Maroto. It reveals the early history of Atlantis, as reimagined post-crisis, but it reads less like a history book and more like Tolkien meets soap-opera. If you’re a fan of Aquaman, it comes with my sincerest recommendation.
HOWEVER, it also comes with a couple serious trigger warnings. One for SA in issue #3 and one for a relatively graphic depiction of suicide in the final issue.
I know a lot of people roll their eyes at the mention of trigger warnings, but I know my enjoyment of the series would have been a lot greater if I had known what subject matter the series was going to cover going in.

5 Likes