What Are You Currently Reading?

Recently finished Batman: Contagion and I am moving on to Batman: Legacy.

7 Likes

Call me crazy but i thuroughly enjoyed new 52 teen titans. In retrospect. Its just fine but not horrible.

6 Likes

As you wish. You are crazy.

5 Likes

:rofl: still kind of new to the boards. Didn’t realize i was responding to a 4 year old post.

5 Likes

I do that all the time.

6 Likes

Action comics
Adventures of Superman Jon Kent
Batgirls
Batman
Worlds Finest
Black Adam
Catwoman
Danger Street
Harley Quinn
Justice Society of America
Nightwing
Stargirl the lost children
Static
Superboy Man of Tomorrow
Superman
The Flash
Tim Drake Robin
Unstoppable Doom Patrol
Waller vs Wildstorm

This is the current list. A few that would have been dropped if not for DCUI ultra. Trying to read all the Dawn of DC stuff.

8 Likes

I have finished Batman: Legacy and I have moved on to Batman: Cataclysm.

7 Likes

Legacy has some weird but fun Indiana Jones vibes for me, but Cataclysm I really, really enjoy. It has a different “ripped from summer blockbusters” vibe - from things in Volcano, etc - but it does it well.

6 Likes

I just finished the pre Crisis Flash. Now onto Justice League from September of 1985

5 Likes

I just finished Batman: Impostor and loved it! Especially the ending. Great art, gave me Pattinson Batman vibes and I loved that film! Great to see Dr. Thompkins too!

6 Likes

I’m about halfway through Cataclysm so far and I think I liked Legacy more. But I’ll know better when I read it all. It isn’t bad. I just think Legacy did a couple things better for me. I guess I can’t comment too much though, since I haven’t finished Cataclysm yet. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I will be very curious to see what you think in the end! I think it’s also sorta just a taste thing that I like Cataclysm more. Plus Steph is in it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have finished Cataclysm and I am starting Road to No Man’s Land and No Man’s Land. I will be here for a while.

@millernumber1, I think I liked Legacy just a bit more than Cataclysm. Nothing was wrong with Cataclysm, I think Legacy just felt a little better to me. Cataclysm sort off felt like the writers halfway through the event went, ‘Oh, shoot. We need an actual enemy. Not just an earthquake.’ And then they threw ‘Quakemaster’ into it all. I don’t know, it just felt off to me. It was still good though. I’ll almost always like an event with Tim in it. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Chuck Dixon agrees with you - he thinks that Cataclysm having to have a villain felt forced. :smiley:
I still like it a lot!

5 Likes

I just finished Lazarus Planet along with the tie ins, the Wonder Woman Tie in was fantastic. An the Shazam part of it was cool too.

also making this year a Action Comics Superman year, for me, I started in after the WarWorld saga, and the extended family Superman has now, with the two children from War World, John Henry Irons, it is getting as big as the Bat Family. Also am reading Batman / Joker Deadly Duo, and man that is a fun read and there was actually one part where Batman and Joker were on a train and the Joker had me laughing at one scene where he is just smiling and giving Batman the thumbs up at saving the rest of the passengers on the train. An all Batman could do was just suck it up. It was a daaaaaaang moment for me.

Also reading Superman, just got done with Parasite and the surprise that Luthor was not the puppet master behind Parasite.

what else… the new Doom Patrol, wiiiiiiiiiith a new intro from Peace Maker!

Finished Dceased War of the undead Gods or whatever it was called, pretty cool, bit a of a bitter sweet ending, but a very like father like son ending with Batman.

and sadly by the second half of the year I am really cutting back on subscriptions, as much as I don’t want to, then next year, * gulps * ima try and be a big boy, and cut my subscriptions to just 3, I don’t know what three yet, But if there is a Justice League and Green Lantern / Green Lantern Corps, those will be on it. hmm less there is both a Green Lantern and GLC, woo what if they do a Red Lantern Corps series, or Yellow, ugh i’d be toast.

I gotta tell ya I read that new Green Lantern that was just added , Far Sector / Lantern Mullein… I was glad I read it, I really need to re read it just to better understand it. What I absolutely loved about it, was it was more law based and not just another beat up a giant bad guy story. What I didn’t like was for me, It was a really complicated story. there was i think, 3 and i could be wrong, factions that were at odds with each other, all of them had very complex names so I had no real idea how to pronounce anything and just ended up winging it in my noggin. The political shinanigans that was going on was way over my head. I really needed it dumbed down for me just a bit more, but was glad to see the Green Lantern Corps having an agent to do their primary roll as Space Cops. An that was also showing to be a tricky job, because you have a member from Earth, and having to do a few things, follow Corps orders, follow the rule of law of the planet at hand, maintain the peace, prevent more murders in a politically fueled matter; deal with a love life / fling… so there was really a lot going on in that story. An if you can keep up with a large twisting plot, it is deff worth the read.

OH my hopes for next year are to just focus on, the trinity of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, but I will make room for the Justice League and Green Lantern/ GLC.

The End ( For Now )

3 Likes

I’m enjoying this a lot! :smiley:

6 Likes

i need some good batman comic-book suggestions.

6 Likes

Batman Year One

The Dark Knight Returns

Batman 408.

6 Likes

I’m currently reading Dceased, Flash, Nightwing, and Teen Titans, oh and the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics.

13 Likes

Welcome to the community!

5 Likes