What Are You Currently Reading?

Read Dark Crisis: The Deadly Green one-shot and Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #5 today. Both were solid reads!

6 Likes

I’m reading my Golden Age Wonder Woman omnibuses. Volume 5 is coming out later this month so I want to be ready for it. It has a lot of material that is not on DCUI so I am really looking forward to it!

7 Likes

I’ve been all over the place lol. All rereads too. Animal Man 1988’ is the only one I’m not rereading, just trying to finish. It’s great!!! Gonna read the newer volume on a reread when I’m done- cuz there’s a few stand-alone issues & short storylines I’ve yet to read…

7 Likes

Don’t have Netflix so I’m rereading Sandman Dream is about to die then I can’t remember what happens after.

5 Likes

DC vs. Vampires

8 Likes

I’m working my way through Mad. I think I’m on issue 15.

6 Likes
  • I’m reading Doug Wheeler‘s run on the swamp thing (v2). It is a surprisingly underrated batch of books which pales only in comparison to the brilliance of Moore and Vietch. Wheeler does a good job of bringing a literary sensitivity with excellent dialogue and oddball plots.

• i’m over halfway through the Weekly 52 series from 2006. It frustratingly does not feel like it flows out of infinite crisis (just as the prequel miniseries did not really mature in that either), but it is impressively ambitious in scope. Many threads are dropped but other threads are picked up so it has a large enough cast that the narrative never really flags.

• i’ve just started the Batman contagion cross-series plotline. After untangling the various Batman books after knightsend, it’s kind of fun to see them woven back together for the short story.

4 Likes

Reading a lot of Sandman, really like The Dreaming: waking hours

Looked at a lot of Hitman and Section 8 for Who is this thread

About to get buried in ultra books, not looking forward to that.

5 Likes

Same stuff:

Batgirls
Batman: The Knight
World’s Finest (2022)
Catwoman: Lonely City

6 Likes

Good selections!!!

4 Likes

Have you finished The Knight? I bought the last issue last night and read through the whole series - amazing stuff!

4 Likes

Thank you @capo-mage!

5 Likes

Not yet. Still gotta’ hit the LCS and pick it up.

It is indeed. I’ve always wanted to read an in-depth accounting of how Bruce trained to be B’Man and I hope that Chip Zdarsky and Carmine Di Giandomenico’s solid work goes canon 'cuz they’ve def fleshed out a top notch story there.

6 Likes

U bet. I actually read the exact same lol. They’re great I wasn’t lying lol.

5 Likes

Me too! I was a bit hesitant when they announced the book, because while I’ve liked Zdarsky’s Daredevil (haven’t read it all, but enjoyed most of what I have read), I didn’t think his Cheer story for Jason was spectacular. But he’s blown me out of the water with The Knight and his main Batman run. And Di Giandomenico is just amazing. I wish he were rotating with Jorge on the main Bat book!

6 Likes

Having a fun read of this stellar Constantine graphic novel!

8 Likes

Lantern Time, Baby!!

8 Likes

I was a little underwhelmed by the first issue, but this is FANTASTIC

5 Likes

Frank is so interesting, he’s Booster Gold without a moral compass, but I also read him as sort of a case study of the dangers of white male entitlement.

6 Likes

Been really getting into mid 80s Avengers comics. It is hard to believe that John Buscema had lost interest in drawing superheroes at this point. Or maybe Tom Palmer is doing a lot of heavy lifting with the inks.

8 Likes