What Are You Currently Reading?

Welcome to the community @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230! :partying_face: You’ve found the perfect place to find suggestions and share your thoughts - those are some great first picks as far as comics go. :00_lc_green_lantern:

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :muscle:

9 Likes

The other history of DCU

Really enjoyed these. They were like little time capsules of the real world and Dc through out the time they were exploring while taking a deep look into many awesome characters. Learned some things about these characters and some interesting history in general. I think Katana’s was my favorite Question’s was great too. Overall enjoyed them all.

6 Likes

Welcome to the chaos that is the DCUI @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230!!

7 Likes

Welcome to DCUI @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230! :smiley:

8 Likes

Welcome to DCUI, @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230, it’s great to have you here! I can’t think of any other place that would be better for someone new to comics. :slight_smile: I finally read The Long Halloween in the last year and really liked it.
If you’re interested in Green Lantern (and who wouldn’t be, Green Lantern is great!), you might want to check out our fantastic Lantern Corps club, which has lots of discussions and reading recommendations.

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of recommendations and assistance here if you need it.

Always nice to see someone just starting out reading comics. You have so many great stories out there waiting for you!

6 Likes

welcome

6 Likes

:tada: Welcome to the boards @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230!!! :tada:

8 Likes

Sensational Wonder Woman

8 Likes

So my monthly comics that I am reading right now are…

DC
Action
Champion of Shazam
Detective
Duo
Flash
Nightwing
Sgt. Rock Vs. (Soon to be)
Superman:Space Age
Wonder Woman

I am also reading Blue Beetle, old Flash Comics, Post Crisis Wonder Woman, and Superman during the Triangle Era on the DCU App

Marvel
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
Iron Man
X-Men (on and off)

Indies
Above Snakes (Image)
Astronaut Down (Aftershock)
Book of Shadows (Valiant)
Frank Frazzetta’s Death Dealer (Opus)
D&D: Ravenloft (IDW)
Do a Powerbomb (Image)
Flash Forward (Scout)
Fox and Hare (Vault)
Grim (B!)
Heart Eyes (Vault)
Little Monsters (Image)
Mindset (Vault)
Once and Future (Boom!)
Sacrament (AWAUpshot)
Something is Killing the Children (Boom!)
Where Starships go to Die (Aftershock)

6 Likes

Okay: I’m about halfway through All Star Superman by Grant Morrison and I’m LOVING IT! My favorite things so far

1. Clark is nice. Just a nice dude. It’s truly shocking how many writers think this is a negotiable trait. “oh, we need to update Superman for the modern age and make him compell-” bro just make him nice.
  2. Lex Luthor being baffled by shorthand
  3. Jimmy Olsen as the unhinged little mad lad he is and should always be written as
  4. I really love the Luthor issue bc I like when Superman stories remind us that Clark Kent is a) the real identity, not the “mask” like, say, Bruce Wayne is and b) Clark Kent is very intelligent and capable
  5. Perry White Appreciation Time the man puts up with so much
  6. Clark using Bizarro-speak to communicate with the Bizzaro clones and not seeing it as demeaning because he sees everyone as worthy of respect
    Anyway this is quickly moving up my list of favorite comics. I’m reading it at the same time as Watchmen so it’s a nice palate cleanser when Watchmen gets too crushingly bleak. Also, turns out my art teacher
  7. knows who Booster Gold is and
  8. Might have some old comics to lend me
8 Likes

that description is just… amazing

7 Likes

Read Action Comics #1047 and Human Target #7. Both were great reads! Can’t wait for next month’s issues!

5 Likes

Just did a readthrough of a lot of my Mariko Tamaki Detective Comics books. They’re a bit less polished than I remember in both art and writing, but still quite strong. I think there’s a lot she wanted to get done that editorial plans got in the way of, sadly. Huntress’s plotline feels like it was a bit drowned out and forgotten by the end. Maybe she’ll come back and do a miniseries or something to round that out!

6 Likes

Just starting reading Green Lantern: The Day The Stars Fell. And. We just had an issue where Ollie and Hal shot a giant arrow at the moon. And it works. God, I love you, Grant Morrison. Also, re-imagining of Hard Travelin’ Heroes written by Grant Morrison when?? Give it to me, I crave their bromance

7 Likes

i decided to re-read supersons of tomorrow, which i haven’t read in like, a year, anddd
i’m not having a lot of fun
i forgot who the main- villian i guess- of the story was

it may be a tim from an alternate timeline but it is tim nonetheless.
i don’t know who to root for while reading this
i love the supersons,
but do i want tim to lose?
no
but do i really support his goals in this specific comic?
no
do I want jon to die?
hell no
I am feeling conflicted
and I do not really remember how the story ends so i’m probably going to go finish the last half of it now

5 Likes

Read Black Adam/JSA: Black Reign. Overall a solid read.

4 Likes

Currently reading Flint Dill’s The Gamesmasters: Almost Famous in the Geek 80’s

He worked on tons of 80’s cartoons: Dungeons and Dragons, G.I. Joe, Transformers, and others. Really interesting.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Since it’s now Halloween season, last night I got caught up on DC vs. Vampires, and then read all the DCeased comics currently on DCUI. I really enjoyed both of them, but I think I need to read some Superman or possibly Scooby Doo now as an antidote to all the gore and apocalypses. :slight_smile:

7 Likes