What Are You Currently Reading?

Finished Immortal Hulk vol. 11

Just started Wonder Woman, Gods of Gotham.

7 Likes

I’m about 3 issues into that run, really good stuff.

9 Likes

I binged Truth and Justice. Really like the Bat family more the less Batman is around.

Still reading Ex Machina, almost done with this great book.

Robins was good for the same reason T&J was.

Wetworks is good, one issue at a time.

9 Likes

I love Dennis O’Neil’s The Question. It is probably my favourite series he has ever written. It feels like there is a lot of himself that he puts into it from politcs, to addiction, philiposphy and spirtuality. Very insightful stories.

8 Likes

Weird, I just read that issue today.

6 Likes

Such a great choice! :grinning:

6 Likes

I’m currently reading this thread.

6 Likes

Same stuff as before:

Batgirls
Batman: The Knight
World’s Finest (2022)
Catwoman: Lonely City

Also started reading the teenager beater upper’s origin story that’s currently running in Deathstroke Inc. I really liked it when Ollie kicked his a55. :smile: :00_green_arrow_rebirth:

6 Likes

I finished Ex Machina. Ending was kinda sad.

The Deaths of Vic Sage could have been better without all the fridging.

I don’t know what is going on in Threshold. Thankfully close to the end, hopefully it’ll make sense by then.

6 Likes

Ongoings:
Nightwing
Batgirls
The Flash
Batman: Wayne Family Adventures
Batman - I just picked this up again, starting with 125. Interesting so far!
(Lore Olympus
Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty)

Limited:
The New Champion of Shazam!
Dark Crisis
Flashpoint Beyond
Batman: One Bad Day
Saved by the Belle Reve - some cute stories, others odd or about characters I don’t really know

Behind on:
Dark Knights of Steel
DC vs Vampires
Batman 89
Vixen: NYC
(Daredevil)

7 Likes

I need to jump back into this.

5 Likes

Zatanna Mistress of Magic

9 Likes

Ultimate Spider-Man, love the comic series. :smiley:

6 Likes

Read more Dan Jurgens Thor. It has some of the best John Romita Jr. art I have ever seen. Love the use of the Kirby Krackle.

Waid/Busiek’s Iron Man and Captain America Annual story is very Civil War-esque.

Speaking of Busiek’s Iron Man, I enjoyed it a lot more then I thought since i was not a big fan of his Avengers. The dialogue was just a bit too exposition heavy for my tastes, to the point where it feels like most characters are just speaking in plot summary and continuity references.

It brings to mind a point in time where the character’s history and powers were more important then the different point of view a new writer brings. It is a bit too complacent and repetitive for me. It is why I would rather read something like Warren Ellis’ 90s sci-fi Thor to Conway/Thomas’ 70s Thor.

In contrast, Busiek’s Iron Man is a lot more engaging and introspective, using Iron Man’s villians as a way to contrast the corporate ethics of Tony Stark.

5 Likes

I am currently trying to re-read The Long Halloween as I need a refresher as well as new material for the next mafia game. Although going from reading manga to western comics is very difficult.

7 Likes

Looks like I get to celebrate Batman Day by reading… :thinking:

Batman and Detective Comics. :smile: :batparrot:

Since I finished up an interesting arc in Green Lanterns last night. :00_lc_green_lantern:

7 Likes

Excellent choice! I just blitzed through three really delightful graphic novels for kids - Swing it Sunny, Sunny Rolls the Dice, and Sunny Makes a Splash. Really, really delightful sequels to the original, Sunny Side Up, and really refreshingly non-stereotypical and satisfying but not predictable character driven stories about a girl growing up in the 70s, who falls in love with comics, D&D, and her community!

7 Likes

dark knight of steel
dc vs vampires
task force z
worlds finest
batman vs robin
batman

8 Likes

I’m super new to comics, so I’m in the middle of reading Watchmen and I just finished reading The Long Halloween (which I really loved). Planning on seeking out some local comic book stores so I can get my hands on some Green Lantern.

17 Likes

Welcome to the community bookwormfitzpatrick.91230. :clark_hv_4:

Nice reading selections, and enjoy the trip to those local comic book stores. :sunglasses: :+1:

Back to Detective Comics for my reading. :batman_hv_4:

7 Likes