What Are You Currently Reading?

Good luck, I can’t read 2 good new 52 titles in a row

6 Likes

Read Superman: Warworld Apocalypse! A phenomenal finale to Warworld saga. Can’t wait to see what Phillip Kennedy Johnson does next!

7 Likes

SS King Shark

Really liked it. Enjoyed the dynamic between KS and Defacer. Overall a fun story and some nice twists. Just some fun nonsense with heart.

5 Likes

Just finished Batman 89 so next on my list is the Batman mystery casebook

6 Likes

I finished The Long Halloween and I have continued to read The Sandman. I am on issue 13 of that series. I have also started “Hardware” from the Milestone imprint. I believe this was a recommendation from @Vroom. I read issue 1 so far and liked it. I plan to continue to read it over time.

7 Likes

I just finished reading all of The Sandman.

5 Likes

Give Lucifer a try it’s pretty good

4 Likes

What’ja think? Did you like it?

5 Likes

Same stuff as before for me:

Batgirls
Batman: The Knight
found this spiffy #1 variant that I’m gonna snap up:

Catwoman: Lonely City
Batman Superman: World’s Finest
Poison Ivy (2022)- just started this

6 Likes

I enjoyed it. I struggle greatly with Batman related stories often due to his attitude, but there was enough going on here that Batman was more a part of a bigger story. I liked it due to this. I also have realized through other Bat family related titles I have read, I seem to enjoy best the ones tied into the mob aspects of Gotham City, so this sorta pushed it forward on my like list.

4 Likes

Solid description of the title here. :+1:

Same. Plus I just love the BatFamily titles in general.

5 Likes

All caught up on Birds of Prey.

Reading the new Suicide Squad (2021).

6 Likes

'Twas, 'twas!

Hurray! Be sure to chime in as you progress through the book.

Also: Be sure to check out Hardware: Season One, when time allows.

You can read it after Hardware, or now and in-between issues of Hardware (as I’ve done). Either way, that too is a solid book and my favorite of the Milestone Returns minis.

5 Likes

Been reading some late 90s X-titles. Joe Kelly is an underrated X-Men writer. It is a shame he left so early, due to editorial interference.

Also, the art by Adam Kubert in Joe Kelly’s last issues is really good, as well as the coloring by Richard Isanove.

8 Likes

Now check out the animated movies! They’re awesome!

5 Likes

I just read Dc’s saved by the belle reeve today and I loved all of the stories. Also started reading Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E in celebration of Stargirl season 3 and I’m really enjoying it. Besides that I’m also re-reading detective comics currently on issue 973. I’m so excited for Batman day!!!

5 Likes

That is actually what made me read the title. I co-hosted a WAL of them with my friend, @Vroom. I had never read them, so after seeing how great the 2 films were I had to read the actual source material.

6 Likes

Honestly, both the comic and the movies are really good.

5 Likes

:+1:
:birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_black_canary: :00_huntress1:
:00_birds_of_prey:

6 Likes

@HubCityQuestion will be happy to know that I have begun reading The Question for the first time:

Heck of a first issue, that’s for sure. I’m especially intrigued by this Reverend Hatch guy. He seems to be pulling the strings, and appears to be even more powerful than the mayor. But how? And why? Those are the questions. I suppose I’ll just have to keep reading to find the answers…

10 Likes