What Are You Currently Reading?

I got caught up on the Dark Crisis story today. I also read Naomi #6 today. Have mixed feelings about it.

The whole blurb on the cover of “It All Ends Here”, and to have Naomi leave Earth to go back to her home world has me concerned. Yes, in the story, it did say she was not leaving permanently, that this was not ‘good-bye’, however, given that DC seems to focus on Bat-Books and other established heroes, and the Naomi TV Show was recently cancelled, I’m not sure if we’ll be seeing any stories of her on her home world, or if she’ll ever return to Earth.

That being said, I liked the panel that featured the JLA, Young Justice, The Wonder Twins and Jinny Hex, given they’ve all worked with Naomi.

4 Likes

I’m still behind in the Batman/Detective Comics Rebirth and Wonder Woman, sooooo behind in everything! I did finally read Wonder Woman Dead Earth yesterday, and wow! That was messed up! And messed up in a good way.

4 Likes

Just finished Going Sane, Legends of the Dark Knight #65-68. Enjoyable.

Now I’m starting Catwoman When in Rome

7 Likes

Finished Birds of Prey 2011. It was awesome. Loved Future’s End.

Now I am reading @DC89 and the Birds of Prey… I mean Batgirl and the Birds of Prey (Sorry I have trouble telling them apart, and I am pretty sure I am not the only one). :grin:

7 Likes

:hugs:

8 Likes

Mostly old stuff: Silver Age DC and Bronze Age Marvel (Just recently polished off most Silver Marvels).
As for new stuff:
Flash
World’s Finest
Batman
Detective Comics (picked it up again because Ram V is now on the book)
Action Comics
Amazing Spider-Man
Daredevil
Fantastic Four
Avengers (But like Justice League, that is sinking fast, and is on the bubble)
Wishful thinking and hopeful, fingers crossed–practically on my knees and begging:
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Teen Titans
Titans
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Captain America
Iron Man
All the above hopefuls are currently dreadful. Please DC and Marvel hire people who understand the heroic concept and will do justice to these wonderful iconic characters.

10 Likes

I’m reading Sideways after I got curious off his appearance in metal men. Nightcrawler’s powers, Peter Parker personality, and Booster Gold’s attitude is Sideways. The completist in me will finish it, but don’t know if I’ll like it

7 Likes

Read some late 80s, post-Exile Superman. It is enjoyable to see the distinction between each of the main Superman writers.

Stern writes stories that are relatively grounded and focus on the Metropolis, with very little focus on Krypton.

Adventures of Superman 462

Jurgens’ (with the help of George Perez) reintroduces Silver Age elements like the Fortress of Solitude and the Phantom Zone. In contrast, there is a much heavier focus on Krypton then any other writer.

Ordway has focused on Jimmy Olsen and Project Cadmus a lot post-Exile. Jack Kirby is such a big influence that it is even listed in the credits.

Superman 40

9 Likes

Gonna try to catch up on my reading today.

Today’s issues include

Batgirls #9
Dark Crisis: Worlds Without A Justice League: Green Lantern
Jurrasic League #4
Superman: Son of Kal-El #14

And probably a couple more, if I get around to them.

6 Likes

The Sandman: Overture

9 Likes

Finally reading Batman: The Court of Owls, it’s fire! The whole thing with the secret elites controlling the city for centuries, making it so corrupt and filled with crime, is just amazing!

6 Likes

Just finished this, The Four Horsewomen and…eh.

9 Likes

Reading Sandman now that we have it here. 6 issues in so far.

6 Likes

Catching up on my weekly reading. This week includes

Batman: One Bad Day: The Riddler
Batman/Superman: World’s finest #6
Black Adam #3
Dark Crisis: Young Justice #3
Duo #4
The Flash #785
Nightwing #95

And maybe a few others if I have the time.

7 Likes

Next up, Wonder Woman: Lords and Liars, I hope it’s better. Granted, I did LOVE the inclusion of The Phantom Stranger in the last one!

I’ve been pondering a reread of Azzarello’s WW and Snyder’s New 52 Batman lately.

8 Likes

Currently reading

I read Transformers vs G. I. Joe by Tom Scioli, very disappointing, but that’s just my opinion.

9 Likes

House of Mystery

9 Likes

Batman: The Cowardly Lot

5 Likes

I’m seeing too much of right now in Ex Machina, got 13 issues before I’m going to need more.

Read Green Arrow: year one for a podcast. It was pretty good

Convergence: Green Arrow was not good.

Batman vs Bigby was too short.

6 Likes

I just started Immortal Hulk vol. 11

Need to get back to my New 52 journey

5 Likes