• Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • World’s Finest
  • Harley Quinn
  • Justice League vs Legion of Superheroes
  • Superman Space Age
  • DC Mech
  • Dark Crisis

Enjoying all the above. Have yet to read DC Mech though.

Dropped:

• Black Adam. First two issues didn’t do much for me. I was interested in a Black Adam antihero story, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. In a recent Christopher Priest interview he confirmed that his Black Adam is a villain through and through. That’s fine; I just don’t have much interest in that story.
  • Dark Crisis: Young Justice and The Flash Dark Crisis tie-in issues. While I can follow along, they both obviously cater more to longtime readers. They’re fine; just didn’t connect with me. Smoking boobs lady in Young Justice was kinda funny, though.

Edit: In case anyone thought I was being inappropriate, this is what I meant by “smoking boobs lady”. She literally has smoke coming out of… there. Apparently she goes by the “Mighty Endowed” :joy:

7 Likes

Read a few issues of Superman. Ordway’s art never ceases to amaze.

Superman 38

9 Likes

Wonder Woman Black and Gold

10 Likes

Read issue 1 of Superman: Space Age. I really enjoyed it. It’s kind of like taking the concept of New Frontier and moving it into the 60s, with the grim political stuff that was going on at that time, and with a Superman who’s just figuring himself out and what kind of role and responsibility a man with his abilities has in that world.

10 Likes

Going through the newer Birds of Prey. Hit 2002, 2010, and I am currently on 2011. Some really good stuff there.

Zinda Blake is a favorite for me. I want to get my wife a Lady Blackhawk hat but I am not sure it would ever get worn. :grin:

9 Likes

Indeed. :+1: :00_birds_of_prey:

7 Likes

New Fun #1

H A R D C O V E R version

8 Likes

The Skulduggery Pleasant series, all in a row.

7 Likes

Same stuff as last week:

Batgirls
Batman: The Knight
Catwoman: Lonely City
World’s Finest (2022)

I finished off Titans United. Loved it! :smiley: :00_teen_titans:

9 Likes

Just finished the first issue of Sword of Azrael. Thought it was a pretty solid start to the mini-series.

Now about to dig into Poison Ivy #3

8 Likes

Dark Nights: Death Metal

7 Likes

I’m missing a couple of the accompanying issues to Death Metal. It’s what’s keeping me from digging in to the whole Dark Nights deal…

7 Likes

I just read the Dial H series from the new 52. I was not impressed.

6 Likes

I enjoyed The Silencer so much that I’m giving Sideways a chance. Normally I don’t do recreational sadness and Represent is exactly that, will see how that goes.

Reading Wetworks for the first time, thinking it would be great if they showed up in DCeased to save the day, but I know that ain’t gonna happen.

7 Likes

Started reading “Batman: The Long Halloween” due to watching the two-part movie here as a WAL. I am on issue 6 of the 13 issues. I feel like I am usually the most out of it when it comes to these beloved or highly regarded titles. Trying slowly to read more of them now though. I may eventually need a recommendation thread for this exact thing.

6 Likes

Hmm. This sounds like something we as a community could build. :thinking: :smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

Read some Batman. Aparo is very good at action choreography.

Also, it is entertaining to see the gradual development of Tim Drake inevitably becoming Robin.

Batman 444

9 Likes