What Are You Currently Reading?

Oh, I almost forgot! I’m also really liking the development of Harper. It’s been cool following her from the girl struggling to support her brother, to the strong, witty, electronics guru & crimefighter she is coming into.

3 Likes

I am eagerly awaiting the next episode of Wayne family chronicles to drop at 8 or 9 tonight (I get the feeling Catwoman will be introduced in March but that would be fitting too but still :disappointed:).I just picked up Crush and Lobo issue 7, Finished the latest Task Force Z (I love what Jason did to Bane) Dc Vs Vampires is getting interesting fast, same with justice league Incarnate (Batwoman who laughs is now cannon to earth 11). Very disappointed in Dick in Batman Urban legends 10 in Tim drakes story

Loving Batgirls, Catwoman: lonely city, and Batman/Catwoman…honestly I love that tom king has Catwoman kick joker in the pants, that made it worth it to me. and Dark knights of steel.

6 Likes

Just started Red Hood: Outlaw today (around the time it originally came out i started getting busy and took a small hiatus from binge reading). So far so good :+1:

7 Likes

Finishing up the first arc for… :batman: :wonderwoman: :superman:

Trinity (2016-) :superman_hv_4:

Then I see some :00_lc_green_lantern:'s on the horizon. :sunglasses: :+1:

4 Likes

I’m on issue 4 of DV8, Warren Ellis and Humberto Ramos need counseling and different medications.

DV8 got much better after Ellis and Ramos left. Guess not good enough to save the book.

Brian Wood did a great reboot of DV8 setting up a relaunch that never happened.

Read new 52 Katana, ended better than it started. Would have liked to see it finished.

3 Likes

I FINALLY picked up Batgirl Returns Omnibus! So… I broke from the other New 52 reading I was doing, because this came earlier than where I’m at! I’m up to “No Darker Shadow” and I’m loving it so far! Simone’s storytelling is wonderful and the art is beautiful (I’m not sure whether it’s good or bad… or whether it just is, but I’m hard pressed to know which artist is which)… I love how well Simone takes us into Babs’ inner world; it really feels like I’m right there with her as she fights towards wholeness and inner growth.
I also picked up Swam Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus and started reading it, too. I love Len’s colorful, lyrical writing… his consistent theme of misunderstanding leading to violence is endearing, too. As for the art, I feel conflicted. There’s something novel about its history, and I’m appreciating it in a nostalgic way. That being said, I do prefer the richer, modern art, such as Conner, Middleton, Hughes, March, Bermejo, Kirkham, Syaf, et al. Taken together, though, it’s a beautiful ride… for some reason it reminds me of the old Scooby Do cartoons. You can really feel the era seeping through.

4 Likes

Injustice Gods among us year one. I really love the story

7 Likes

Blackest Night!

4 Likes

Binged Crime Bible, first new 52 title I liked start to finish.

Still reading Gen13 and Backlash for my Wildstorm fix.

Not liking Static as much as I used to, may be due to more characters of color now as opposed to then.

4 Likes

Just finished reading Hawkman: Rise of the Golden Eagle and I LOVED it. Fantastic story and artwork.

4 Likes

I am working my way through the original Daredevil series and also reading Red Hood and the Outlaws from the new 52.

5 Likes

I realize this has been out for a long time, but I picked it up for the first time recently and was blown away by the Mister Miracle graphic novel (compilation) by Tom King and Mitch Gerads! Super clever, funny and, at times, heart-wrenching!

6 Likes

Just finished Joker/Harley Criminal Sanity. Great story and awesome art!! Wish it would continue.

4 Likes

I’ve been reading Dune, the novel for 5 months. I need to focus and just read it. but I’m also reading The Next Batman Second Son.

4 Likes

I’ve been reading Superman the triangle era part 1.

9 Likes

Hey @thepurplepiledriver, welcome back to the community! :wave: How do you like it so far?

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything as well! :superman:

6 Likes

Just finished the Flash rebirth fun really liked this. Like the larger connection to the rebirth plot in this. Wish the other titles did this a bit more during them but it makes sense why Flash would to it more. The final battle between him and RF was great. Just Greta how it all intertwined. A really amazing run coming form not the biggest flash person.

3 Likes

On to Future State: The Next Batman. There are a lot of sub stories in these volumes.

Also still enjoying
Batman: The Wayne Family Adventures

4 Likes

I have started the new 52 World’s Finest with Power Girl and the Huntress. So far I am really enjoying it. I am also reading the Hulk on Marvel.

5 Likes

Currently reading the absolute insanity of The New Guardians (1988)…

8 Likes