What Are You Currently Reading?

What do u think of it?

4 Likes

That is one of the funnest reads ever imho. Even tho it’s Helena Wayne, it’s one of my favorite ever series.

6 Likes

Huntress Mini
Is great

Occurs just before
Worlds Finest

6 Likes

Yeah, I was gonna say @scoop001, make sure u get a reading order 1st. It’s beyond worth it. Comes together beautifully. I think I just used comicbookreadingorders.com- I like that one b/c it includes every possible issue, & tells u which are optional. I always read every issue they lay out, & it’s always worth it. Ty for the reminder @TurokSonOfStone1950 :heart:

4 Likes

Also
There is a
Confusing order
In
Worlds Finest
Earth 2

Later on

Worlds Finest
Helena and Kara
Cross over to
Earth 2 Title
And then leave the
Worlds Finest Title

Optional Long Arc

Earth 2 Superman Returns as a Weapon of Mass Distruction for Darkseid

Worlds Finest Return to Earth 2

Tom Taylor creates a great story where Thomas Wayne, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Aquawoman and a Zod who has never seen sunlight become the keys to defeat Superman and the other forces of Darkseid. They are aided by the returning Huntress and Power Girl in the last three issues of the arc.

You can go to the last three issues below to get the Huntress stuff as well as a summary of events on Earth 2 but you will miss all the nuances of the great new characters introduced in this arc and they will mean nothing to you.

2014 Earth 2 Titles
Issues
17 to 19
Annual 2 Thomas Wayne origin
20 to 26

2014 Worlds finest 25

2014 Earth 2 World’e End 1
This is next issue NOT Future’s End which is listed as next issue

Earth 2 27

Optional

2015 2017 Earth 2: Society issue 22

Last issue of the New 52 Worlds Finest / Earth 2 Saga.

Learn the fate of Helena Wayne, Power Girl and the other nine remaining ‘Wonders’ formerly from.Earth 2

Everything ends on a optimistic note, as survivors from Earth 2 now guard and help out a wonderful new world.

Highly Recommendedfor for anyone who read several issues with these characters, such as the Tom Taylor, as the Earth 2 super heroes fought against overwhelming odds under hellish conditions

7 Likes

Welcome back to the community @BradRickettII! :tada: I’ll second @Jurisdiction here - what are your thoughts on it?

Additionally, please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :fireworks:

10 Likes

Hey there! Thank you so much! Right now I’m honestly just getting reacquainted and learning to navigate topics in the forum and such. So far so good honestly! I look forward to keeping inn touch with fellow DC disciples.

8 Likes

Honestly, it’s surprisingly a little slow but strange enough to keep a reader engaged out of morbid curiosity. Overall it feels like an old exploitation film reminiscent of the matinee swill that’d be showcased after a kung-fu flick but before an Italian giallo or creature feature…if that makes ANY sense.

7 Likes

Sounds good! I’ll have to check it out

6 Likes

I can recommend it but I also have an acquired taste for the strange.

8 Likes

I just finished reading Super Sons. This was such a great series! I love the bond between Damian and Jon. I was very sorry to get to the end.

9 Likes

I’m reading Batman Reptilian, Robin and Batman by Jeff Lemire (I finished that), Arkham City, and a few others. I’m gonna read Batman Ego before I watch the new Batman movie and I’ll reread Hellboy as well.

8 Likes

Been rereading the New Krypton saga which I love!

5 Likes

APAMA, first issue free on COMIXOLOGY, awesome and worth plucking down for the rest of the series…and early IMAGE books, PITT, SHADOWHAWK, to exxxxxxtemmmmmme for digital, all print my babies!

7 Likes

I was tearing thru the triangle books, but would get spun around by gaps in the books available.

5 Likes

I am astonished to say
After just reading
Justice League 70 71 and Annual 1
Which were terrible

Bendis
Delivered
A great
Justice League 72

(Except for the his usual
Bad Villain dialogue)

Ends on a cliffhanger

Its main elements are

Black Adam
Justice League Dark

Only two more issues of Bendis

Then the League dies in 75 (but probably none of the members)

5 Likes

Finished Robin And Batman and am on issue three of World Of Krypton.

10 Likes

Not an “event” comic but Suicide Squad: King Shark is something special.

7 Likes

Waids run is incredible!!! Dixon was the same for me. Now he’s one of my favorites. Takes a second to adjust to his art style. But, imho, it’s fantastic. Especially his Nightwing run. I hope u can get there (as far as getting acquainted with his style) it’s definitely worth it. Again, imho.

5 Likes

So many, but I won’t bore u with em all. Most recently, literally 5 minutes ago- I just finished Batman: Arkham Knight, Unhinged, Genesis etc. The reading order was the most difficult ever. All on the net are intertwined with the video game. But, I finally figured it out last Tuesday. Ty @TheWifeOfJasonTodd for the heads up on looking into a reading order for it. I’ll lay it out for u sometime if u want? Some digital issues are no longer available…but, it still coincides perfectly without them.

7 Likes