What Are You Currently Reading?

About the size of a phone book, but far more entertaining.

5 Likes

@KookieSuperApe “phone book” what’s that? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Showing your age lol :joy:!!

5 Likes

Maybe a bit bigger :crazy_face:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I read through all of The New 52:Future’s End. The ending was meh.

3 Likes

There is a lot more going in the series then you would think, especially if you just look at the artwork. Joker is not ever drawn the same way twice (literally), Catwoman’s zipper changing (in the same time period), a lot of easter eggs…I just realized Its actually quite similar to Akira Kurosawa’s psychological thriller Rashomon.

1 Like

I just finished

DCeased and DCeased Unkillable

I don’t know if

It the season (Holidays are bad when you are very isolated)

At 71, my very fragile physical condition

The many deaths of colleagues this year. Others are blind or have Alhzmiers or stage 4 cancer

But my mortality is very close to me now

I cried throughout these series.

A lot of heroes and villains died heroically, in action

Tom Taylor did a great job.

Two more titles in this saga to go.

4 Likes

Finished the other two DCeased titles

The worse deaths are over

One Title finished the story

The other is a flashback, before Superman and Diana are turned

The young Trinity
Including 10 year old Jon, Damien and Cassie, are a treasure.

Nice job by Tom Taylor

4 Likes

I promised myself an hour ago that I’d go to bed. Then I continued reading Invincible. I read all day today. In about 15 hours, this is my progress:

God help me.

5 Likes

There are much worse ways to spend your time

4 Likes

:laughing:

5 Likes

I’m currently reading this:

this:
R&B

and this:

Grant Morrison’s DP run (1st appearance of Red Jack :eyes:)

8 Likes

i was looking through my comic collection and found this! I didn’t even remember buying it!

it’s mine now

4 Likes

I’m reading The Next Batman Second Son. Only up to issue 3 but so far so good.

3 Likes

I realize I’m late to reading the series “Injustice: Gods Among Us”, but for a long time I found the idea of a corrupted Superman very distasteful and refused to even look at the comic books. But upon many recommendations from friends and online reviewers, I swallowed my pride and decided to give the dark story a chance.

Now I’m hooked and well into the series. I find it is thoughtfully written and well-nuanced. I’ve embraced its “Elseworld” sensibility and enjoy the excellent art as well!

Injustice Covers

7 Likes

I’m trying to read all books containing The Authority

5 Likes

Must say I agree. I tried to stick with this book, but the artist change did it for me. Sharp’s art looks gorgeous, but the surreal style only added to my confusion.

I quit the book after issue 8, but I usually stick with things to the end, and we’re only a few issues away from that, so the completionist in me may take me straight back for more confusion.

5 Likes

I’ve been bingeing all over the place. Sorry for getting titles wrong, but I don’t want to go look.

Harley and Ivy: Road trip
Icon
The Authority vol. 2
Promethea
Futures End

4 Likes

I am reading The New Avengers on Marvel Unlimited

3 Likes

I was pleasantly surprised by that series…

3 Likes

I’m making my way through New 52 following comicbookreadingorders.com’s order. I’m sticking to Batman, Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad, & Catwoman, including crossover issues with Harls (Sad there is so little Ivy to be found). I am presently at Batman: Endgame Part Five in this journey. So far, I’ve enjoyed most of it, though there were some notable high & low points: Conner & Palmiotti’s Harley run, Court of Owls, & the Joker storylines were highs. Catwoman has been hit & miss; Ann Nocenti was TERRIBLE! She gave Selina the wit of a preadolescent with much cringe-worthy dialog. Oh, & I hate Joker’s Daughter. While not written well, I did like the idea of Selina’s new friend Alice Tesla. Another low was the Cluemaster story arch; it just felt like he was rewriting Hush, trying to “one-up” it… I’m reminded of Abrams’ new Star Wars with the whole Death Star rehash.

4 Likes