What Are You Currently Reading?

Oh cool I didn’t know that!

4 Likes

I’ve reached the point in my “JSEighties” project where I’m a few issues in to Infinity Inc. and, I’ve gotta say, it’s one of the best looking comics that I’ve seen so far in my two years of comics reading. Nearly every page is a colorful, visual feast for the eyes. Great job by Jerry Ordway, Mike Machlan, Anthony Tollin and Adrienne Roy. The story and characters ain’t half bad either. I can’t wait to find out the true origin of Jade and Obsidian.

4 Likes

Flashpoint storyline is awesome.

3 Likes

After hearing about how terrible “Heroes in Crisis” is I decided I just had to read this spectacular badness.

4 Likes

It was awful. Probably the worst comic book I ever read.

5 Likes

batwing

3 Likes

I am so popular that one of my pet bats has a wing who got its own series.

5 Likes

do you not know your own proteges?

4 Likes

Yes, one of my bats’s parents were murdered by an owl. The bat was terrified of his fellow bats and used them as inspiration to fight crime in a righteous crusade. I trained him into becoming “Batbat.”

Yes, I have seen Bad Blood.

5 Likes

I just finished the graphic novel adaptation of Catwoman soul stealer, and well, it was a great story that I have stolen ideas for fanworks from. However, the reason for batman being absent felt forced. I hated the paring. But with how often batman and Catwoman are broken up in almost all cannons, I do not like reading Selina paired with anyone other than Bruce. Plus, I just don’t like batwing due to how he acts in the future state and how he treats his older(?) brother.
I also read Batman earth 1 volume three and finished it the day it came out. Find it quite enjoyable but do not want to spoil anything.

Working through Batman Urben legends and am loving the Red Hoods story.

4 Likes

Right now I’m trying to tackle these books.

4 Likes

Batman New 52 #13

3 Likes

I recently was recommended some Victor Zsasz stories in BATMAN CHRONICLES 3 and SHADOW OF THE BAT: THE LAST ARKHAM.

Enjoyed those for the most part, but there is some 90s attitude that is off putting at times.

And then I read the first 6 issues of the controversial HEROES IN CRISIS last night.

Too early to give an opinion on it, but I will say it has its +'s & -'s but I have yet to feel a strong opinion on it.

6 Likes

The Batman Who Laughs.

4 Likes

I’m currently reading Crisis on Infinite Earths for the first time (finally) and, I have to say, I did NOT expect the entire freakin’ DC multiverse to be destroyed at the end of issue #4. That has to be the greatest cliffhanger in DC history. I mean, if there’s a better one out there, I can’t wait to see it. I guess issues #5-12 will just be a bunch of blank white pages. I guess.

6 Likes

Its a bonkersfest, just roll with it. Still the first, maybe not the best, but the one I personally judge all “events” against. The bar got set mighty high, in good ol’ nineteen 85…

5 Likes

Hawkman again

6 Likes

I have started the Tim Drake Robin comic.

4 Likes

I’ve been going through a reading order for DC starting from Infinite Crisis and on. Just finished Final Crisis, moving onto Dick as Batman. Such an interesting time for comics. Loved the “lived in” world they had going on, keeping as much continuity as possible while trying to be fresh, and I still love it. May be hard for newer readers trying to keep everything straight though, a lot of history you need to be aware of

4 Likes

Presently, I am immersing myself in the Silver Age Justice League of America and The Legion of Super-Heroes. And I have continued my march through a month-by-month reading of Silver Age Marvels books. Currently, I am in December 1969. For some perspective, I just finished Amazing Spider-Man # 82 and will next read Avengers #73. Boy, Stan and Roy were prolific!

6 Likes