What Are You Currently Reading?

Scott Snyder’s JL run
Death Metal
Crisis on Infinite Earths

6 Likes

I finally started reading the old JLI series, I’m about five issues in.

6 Likes

@mrmiracle: Perspective is everything. I don’t consider JLI as “old”. For me, old is my Silver Age JLA books from the 1960s. But JLI is a spectacular read. I hope you enjoy the series.

6 Likes

Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld (1985). Finishing up the original Dan Mishkin run.

6 Likes

So I finished Greg Rucka’s run on Wonder Woman and thought it was really good. Then hopped over to Gail Simon’s run which I thought was underwhelming and halfway through dropped it. Now I’m reading Rebirth WW which is surprisingly also written by Greg Rucka and… this has gotta be the best WW I’ve ever read!
“Isn’t this the best milkshake, Alice? It’s even better than the first one.”

7 Likes

Nicola and Liam are amazing on the Rucka stuff in Rebirth

6 Likes

Eh. The art isn’t thrilling me but it’s not bad by any means. I like the even number art better than the odd numbered. I think Cliff Chiang would’ve been a better choice for this particular story.

3 Likes

When I finish rereading Hawkman

7 Likes

Finished the JLD Rebirth run.
Really like this this run. That art and story was great liked the line up a lot. Very unique but fit well. Liked seeing WW dive more into her magic side which is often not look at much. The witching hour was cool. And the big bad of the Upside Down man was great. A very cool and horrifying villain.
The finale was nice. Z stole the show in it which was great. A sweet ending for all with Z and her dad. Man Bat and Trying to revive Swampy. The Fate mantle being passed and Chimp taking it one day at a time. Overall a very great run.

Also finished Aquaman’s rebirth run.
The was phenomenal. Never had a problem with AM. Thought he was cool but this run made everything Atlantis one of my favorite things. The start was slow and eh but nice. Once it hit the underworld story it was amazing. Just wow that probably still one of my favorite AM stories especially with the amazing art. Then after with the drowned earth post and the mera murder to the adorable baby Andy. And the big finale against Orm and the wedding. A lot of great stuff. I really enjoyed the quiet moments in this series. When it’s Arthur just eating cereal with Wonder Woman or the playing with Andy. Just want more Aquafamily fun.

Also read Cybernetic Summer.
Fun read of robot summer tales. My favorite was the Red Tornado one was my favorite. Would like a series of him and his family. The Robotman one was nice. The Cyborg one was hilarious. Platinum one was fun too. The flash one was interesting with the all flash race. The Batman one was eh. And the Superboy one was sad. Poor Superbot :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Never forget…

4 Likes

The radness that is my little sister got me for my birthday, the boys omnibus which I finished and Ronin which I’m about halfway through. Both very fun. I’m way behind on all my regular dc stuff, so after Ronin gonna catch up on suicide squad, and Justice League which I am wayyyyyyyy behind on, sad to say but still on year of the villain jl stuff. Ahhhhhh and way behind on justice league dark, which is gonna have to take presidence.

6 Likes

The latest suicide squad was crazy good, a tricky feat with so many new characters.

7 Likes

Yeah I’m only a couple issues behind I think so far been a really fun run

5 Likes

It’s spectacular. Shame it’s such a short run, but on the other hand it’s more like a limited series anyway with a self-contained story so it doesn’t feel like it got cut short.

5 Likes

Just read Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow issue 1 and I really liked it. I try pretty much every Supergirl series DC publishes, but this is the first one since the Linda Danvers era in the 2000s that I’m actually interested in sticking with.

5 Likes

I am 50 issues into Robin, and I joined Comixology and I have started reading The Walking Dead.

3 Likes

Finished Titans Rebirth
The start was eh. Pretty much Damian conning tricky manipulating and doing his bratty stuff. Nice story with the super sons crossover though. And cool moments between the other Titans and Jackson’s new introduction. The. The new team was formed and I was liking. New inexpensive date people and some with more xp working together learning form each other and there was that but also more lies and cons from Damian. Makes since with what he went through kissing Alfred and his best friend in John with the age but man just kept from any titaning to get done. The end was nice with them still trying to titan and I think they would have been a great team. All the new characters were cool though. Hope to see more around. Over nice run but suffered a lot from Damian’s troubles during rebirth.

Also wrapped up Metal Men. Really enjoyed this one. As someone who knows little to nothing about them it was a great intro on them and there history while still giving a new and cool story involving the dark multiverse. Kind makes me with for a MM tv show because I enjoyed there family like vibe. And the end was sweet. Wrapped them up but left it open for more if they want.

Finished the Batman’s Grave
Cool story new villain nice art but flys by fast. And the ending just felt really fast but overall not a bad bat read. Like the way they did his detective work with getting into the characters head and Alfred had a lot of great wit in this one.

Also finished Bendis’s Supes and Action run. Both runs had amazing art (I did like Supes art more though). The Supes run the start with Zar and Jor was cool. Like Zar as a villain very cool. The John age up griped me but I understand the reason and lead to some really nice moments. The ID reveal was a nice twist. Definitely something big but lead to some cool and fun moments. Then it hit tangled trying to deal with YotV and bendis’s other stuff of YJ and Leviathan. But summered to a unique story with an interesting villain but felt kind of eh worth the villain. The United planets was cool too. Overall a nice read with Greta art one thing I really enjoyed was a lot of the nice Supes quiet moments with Lois or John or even Jimmy and Perry. Very nice with those and sweet end.

Action was interesting. Cool stuff with the Invisible mafia and red cloud. Nice villains but got really clustered at the end with all the stuff getting thrown in. Also liked the desk and Twitter thing the did. Some fun Easter eggs or adds in those. Also liked this ending more than Supes. Nice stuff with Jimmy owning the DP. Fun wrap up back to business. Nice goodbyes with the Supes family and overall a nice ending and one last desk scene.

3 Likes

I just caught up on Titans Academy. I dig it so far. The Yearbook is the Best issue so far. Really good set up and display. Love Stitch so far :fist:t5:

4 Likes

Just re-read The Long Halloween to get me ready for Part 2 soon. Haven’t read Dark Victory yet but that is definitely changing here like right away. I even have a Podcast called “Just Juicin’ Around” on all platforms, and I just covered The Long Halloween too on the kost recent episode. So much I have to say still about it.

6 Likes

Just finished Nightwing issue 81 and I feel Tom Taylor may be easing some guilt for what he did to Nightwing in Injustice and DCeced. really exited for the next issue after the bomb shell dropped. however, I also wonder where I can get barbara’s shirt from the issue.

5 Likes