Welcome to the Smallville Fan Club!

I’ve watched every episode and really enjoyed the Season 11 digital first comics. I’ve caught bits of Rosenbaum’s podcast and really enjoyed it but I don’t have the patience I used to have for things like that - I want something tighter. But I’ve actually paid for some zoom panals for SV stuff, just nothing recent (I think the last one was one during lockdown and I ended up sleeping through it and sadly they never put that particular one up anywhere).

However, rewatching the entire show is a non-starter for me. Some episodes are really fun and I can always watch clips on YT and even entire episodes, but some - especially the early freak of the week episodes - are just meh.

But glad to see this is popular and definitely up for chatting and talking about episodes/characters/arcs, etc.
smallville-lex
Never forget!

4 Likes

Tell me more of these zoom panels you speak of. Are they like film clips or set photos? I’ve never heard of them.

3 Likes

A Zoom panel just meant that it was a comic con type panel except it happened virtually, instead of in-person. There were several with the Smallville cast during lockdown, a lot of them featured the actress that played Lana and I really didn’t want to hear from her - and some only feature Michael and Tom (and you can hear plenty of them on Michael’s podcast without paying for the privilege, so there was one that was going to include a lot of the cast, save for Justin who hasn’t really done them since This Is Us hit really big, and of course a certain actress, that I signed up for. And even last year, after the vaccines were wide-spread, there were some that were mixed, where some of it was live but some people participated on line - and the event itself also was mixed, you could participate in person, but you could also participate virutally.

So, I forget the particulars, but last fall or perhaps winter there was going to be one that was going to reveal some stuff about the Smallville animated series that Michael and Tom having been talking about - for, I think, 2-3 years now? There’s been concept art on line, etc. But I’m not sure if it was ever a real thing or not.

4 Likes

Oh duh Zoom! Sorry I guess my brain jumped to a far fetched conclusion but unlike in Smallville, mine was wrong lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Rumor has it that WB’s change in leadership and subsequent axing of projects may have put the animated series on hold.

3 Likes

Yes - sadly, it sounds like the new ‘owners’ don’t place a high value on the general concept of animation, even non-DC stuff. Which is absurd, given how much money Pixar has made over their short life as a studio, or that Universal has made with Minions (which have quickly worn out their welcome and show less and less charm) and some other not-that-particularly good movies like Secret Life I and II.

4 Likes

:flushed: I’m shock that I’ve never made a comment on here!
Since I’m way over a year late, love this idea of having a Smallville club here! :grin:
I use to watch the series when it first aired back in 2001.
Somewhere around here I have posted on my little history of Smallville. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll be honest, I never did like the No flight, no tights rules, to me he’s nothing like the man of steel! And yes I just quoted a character from season 8 episode.:laughing:
I’m really grateful for the series, looking back I do get it, it’s trying to make the series more interesting. I was shock to learn months ago that WB network wanted Clark to hate his adopted Parents The Kents. I’m thankful the creators of the show stick to their guns and said no, had WB Network had their ways, the show would have really suck and probably wouldn’t have last long.
With Clark loving his parents and Lex doesn’t get along with his father, the show was off to a very good start. :slightly_smiling_face:
I can lecture you guys all day about the series and everything else, so I won’t bored you. Smallville would have to be one of my top 5 best favorite drama series.

:smallville_fan_club:

3 Likes

Can you imagine how weird that would have been? I wonder if they wanted that to be Clark’s connection with Lex or if they just had no concept of the Kent family dynamics and were just applying the usual teen angst script to the show. Madness!

3 Likes

Still happily going through season four!

4 Likes

I am rewatching Smallville for the first since it was originally on. I forgot how great the characters are. I am excited to get into the later seasons for more of the mythology and not the monster of the week episodes, although those are fun too. And for me, you can’t go wrong with Erica Durance as Lois.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic @MiscellaneousSoup! A fantastic season indeed!

If you haven’t already, check out the Talk Ville podcast. Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum are also rewatching the series and it’s a blast hearing their behind the scenes memories!

4 Likes

I have been listening to it! It’s cool to hear what they remember and don’t remember and all the bts of shooting all the scenes;

4 Likes

I’m enjoying the guests especially the creators and directors. My favorite guest was the host of the podcast Always Hold on to Smallville. I’m so glad they recognized his show! He’s in Season 8!

4 Likes

I like Talk Ville.

4 Likes

:partying_face: We listen along to the new episode every Wednesday at 8 PM EST. Swing by and say hi sometime if you can! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

I used to love smallville

5 Likes

Let this club rekindle that love again! :smiley:

If you’d like your heart broken again, this Saturday we watch the episode where Jonathan dies :sob:

4 Likes

:flushed:He what?! NOOOOO!:sob: I love Jonathan Kent, he’s a true father figure!

I remember being mad at them, thinking they’re really going to kill Lana off, after watching the episode, as sad as it was I get it. I know why they did that, which was a shame. :cry:

5 Likes

I prefer my Kents the STAS way, alive and well. I do think Jonathan’s death is necessary…but me hates it. :sob:

4 Likes

@Bar-El I was the same way

4 Likes