Weekly Art Challenge #52 Submission Thread - July 3 - 10, 2021 - Jack Kirby's Fourth World

That is just emanating Kirby vibes! Fantastic job!

4 Likes

Very Kirby-esque indeed!! I really like the colors. They are well matched without conflicting. I think you did a fantastic job!

3 Likes

Submitted for your critique:
Kalibak

7 Likes

Awesome™:+1:
Cool background and the hair looks great.

2 Likes

Great Kalibak! He looks ready to bash someone with the crackling energy of that club.

3 Likes

thanks @keath :pray:

3 Likes

legit!!! :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

The tiny details look amazing and I like the way your colors bring it together. :batman_madhqtas:

4 Likes

Thank you! I wanted to make sure it conveyed his forward movement and thought this background would do that.

1 Like

Thanks! I know my style just isn’t Kirby, but I love his action poses and Krackle! So, I did my best to incorporate them into this homage.

1 Like

Thank you!!

2 Likes

I got something done this week! Hooray! I’m pretty sure I completely bonked the foreshortening, but I hope I did Barda justice.

8 Likes

I think you did very good with the perspective. It is a very dynamic view of Barda with some nice details. Great job! :+1:

2 Likes

Awesome™:+1:
Cool perspective and great posing

2 Likes

We are definitely are own worse critics I love the colors you have from the kirbyesque plantet fizzle lines to the control panel and forager. It looks wonderful! Great work all around!

4 Likes

Fantastic work! Nice little details like the bulging veins on those guns ahem arms. Also really great perspective and all around hair plus well his facial expression his perfect, hes a bit ticked looo.

3 Likes

Barda! She looks great and definitely good job with the posing/angle. And the cross hatching. Well done!

3 Likes

Thank you!! Trying to focus on quality lately. Sometimes I speed through stuff so I can ink and color. I am thinking of putting together a submission to DC Comics. I have got to sharpen those pencilling skills. I may be taking a break from the community while drawing those pages though.

3 Likes

The perspective looks amazing and the line work is awesome!

3 Likes

Looks great! It’s good to see someone join with Mr Miracle to balance against the hordes of Apokolips that came out this week.

4 Likes