Weekly Art Challenge #52 Submission Thread - July 3 - 10, 2021 - Jack Kirby's Fourth World

Go for it Rob! I’d be interested in seeing your samples as you create them.

4 Likes

697164_original

Agree with JK, go for it!! We would miss you but not to sound wicked cliche you got to follow your dreams/ dowhat makes you happy. Well be rooting for ya for sure.

3 Likes

@stefanie.m and @JKoco17 thanks for the encouragement!! I will figure out a way to share them, since sequential art is not allowed here from what I understand.

4 Likes

@RobArt471 – This is fabulous. I love that you kept it in your own modern style, but brought in the Kirby posing and details in the crackle and bandolier details. Best of luck with your professional submission efforts! I would love to read a book drawn by you!

@Jay_Kay – This is a great Barda! The angle is a tough one, but you pulled it off. The expression on her face is great and I love the kind of “it’s cute that you want to fight” vibe it gives her pose.

4 Likes

@NYJt3 @JKoco17 @RobArt471 @SGTSUGAR @stefanie.m
Thank you all for your kind words. I’m glad the vibe came through and appreciate your the color-based feedback especially. That always stresses me out. (But man, is coloring Kirby galaxies time consuming!!)

#foragerluvsbioship4evah

4 Likes

Thank you, that means a lot to me!!

3 Likes

Bad news. DC Comics is not accepting any unsolicited submissions at this time. :disappointed:

4 Likes

I was wondering about that. I thought the big companies didn’t have open submissions anymore.

I think the way to get in at DC is to get in somewhere else first or produce something on your own that you could hand to a editor at a con to show them what you are capable of. The path in seems to be a very winding and long road.

However, the path to the art club is short is always open :+1:

5 Likes

xres2

Forager’s hand patting Batman’s back really brings it all home! :laughing:
Another great entry @stefanie.m!

4 Likes

Closing submissions is relatively recent as of last year from what I have read. COVID strikes again. (Even if it wasn’t COVID I am blaming it anyway.) Only DC and Marvel have stopped accepting unsolicited submissions. Dark Horse and Image still do along with a few others.
Honestly, I am not looking hard. I kinda just wanted to see what kinda response I would get now, as compared to the last time I tried roughly 20 years ago. I have grown a lot during that time, although, I almost completely stopped for about 15 years of that time with some doodling in-between. Never could actually stop the urge to draw. Just didn’t have the time working 2 jobs.

4 Likes

Its not bad news, sometimes life has a way of testing us to see how bad we really want the thing we want in our lives, so don’t be discouraged brother, keep moving forward towards your goal, its in moments like these that we find greatness, that you find power! How bad do you want it? Its yours brother and I’m believing with you!

4 Likes

Thank you! You’re awesome! You’re hired as my life coach!

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone who participated and followed along with the Fourth World challenge!

5 Likes

Seeing them all together at once is amazing!

4 Likes

:pray: Lets gooooooo!!!

2 Likes

Good job capturing that fact that Kalibak lacks a neck. :slight_smile: I think this could pass for an angry Big Bear too.

3 Likes

You got me! I totally copied the California state flag from when they changed the Grizzly bear to an Arnold Bear, while Schwarzenegger was the governor! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hahah yeah if Arnold was ever a member of the forever people

3 Likes