Weekly Art Challenge #52 Submission Thread - July 3 - 10, 2021 - Jack Kirby's Fourth World

The shading on this is amazing and look effortless. I also enjoy seeing the Kirby effect as part of the punch. Very nice!

4 Likes

Thanks! Kirby was a master at shading and getting the looks without getting too realistic but with a lot of detail! I’ll see you all when I return

4 Likes

Very cool! I like the silhouette against the larger image almost like he is standing in front of one of his propaganda posters Darkseid is. I really like this.

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

1 Like

Quite cool! You captured the detail of the machines as Kirby would and I really feel like this could have come from a cartoon. I sense him as a mad scientist pulling the lever. Nice!

4 Likes

I love the crazed look on her face and she looks like she is going to spring up and take on a group of people. I’m glad @RobArt471 could help you out. We are such a great community here and I love that we can help each other with learning new things.

5 Likes

S
This week I went with Mister Miracle! Much love and respect my fellow DC Fan Art Clubber’s!

9 Likes

I can almost feel his emotion. Even though he is wearing a mask, his eyes tell a lot. Fantastic clothing details. The folds on the cape and little wrinkles on the back of the neck. Awesome details! Great piece!

3 Likes

As always I appreciate it brother! :pray:

3 Likes

But your so good at it! Mr. M looks amazing but also sad/ little scared. Great work on that cape too and all the folds/ shading.

4 Likes

But I still hate it lol! And thank you! :pray:

3 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:.
Like the cape.

2 Likes

I love how you can’t tell if he is tied up like an escape artist or just in awe of something massive in front of him. I sense a little fear as well. Also the colors really pop on this!

4 Likes

Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

I appreciate it! :pray:

3 Likes

Great work @SGTSUGAR! This remind me that at some point in the future I want to try a ‘classic cover recreation’ where we take inspiration from an existing cover and redraw it in our own style. This is a nice interpretation of Mr Miracle #2.

4 Likes

Thank you :pray: and I have so many covers to pick from!

2 Likes

Oh, I love it! Great colors and a perfect expression. Love the epic collar, too! Nice job!

3 Likes

My initial reaction to this challenge was to go with my fave, Trixie, but I couldn’t come up with a pose. Briefly considered Shilo Norman, but wasn’t sure if he qualified a Fourth World. Then once I came up with this idea I was obsessed. Let’s see if I pulled it off…

Tried a new technique again this week, inking and coloring on my sketch paper. Inked about four times before I was happy with it it was good enough. Still hate coloring, but this time my biggest frustration was lack of shades. :man_shrugging:

So, is it clear?

Goal was to recreate The Greatest Romance Ever Told, reuniting O.G. Forager with a Kirbified Bio Ship from Young Justice

8 Likes

Wow. Very awesome™:+1:
Such a great pair :sweat_smile:

3 Likes