Warner Bros. 100 Years

Here:

10 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I watched The Strawberry Blonde the other night!

9 Likes

That title sounds misleading, :thinking: be careful :worried:

8 Likes

My top 10 from Warner bros are-

1. Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island

2. The Hobbit

3. Batman

4. The Fellowship of the Ring

5. The Iron Giant

6. The Lego Movie

7. The Lego Movie the Second Part

8. The Dark Knight Returns Part I

9. Batman Returns

10. The Dark Knight Returns Part II.

8 Likes

Not withstanding Kevin Spacey’s recent situation LA Confidential has been and always will remain one of my most fave films of all time.

Some of the scenes I :purple_heart: the most here:

And I absolutely live for the film’s opening credits:

:heart_eyes:

This is the city of the angels, Boyo, and you haven’t got any wings.

Such an incredible film from helmer Curtis Hanson.

#WB100

8 Likes

I love L.A. Confidential. I remember V and I discussed whether or not it was the quintessential Los Angeles movie.

7 Likes

You can def credibly argue that it’s LA in the 1950s. Hanson and his set designers nailed the look of the era and the costume shop crafted absolutely beautiful and perfectly era specific clothing for the stars and the ensemble cast of the film.

8 Likes
8 Likes

L.A. Confidential is rad.

Kind-of hard not for it to be, given Vicki Vale, Lex Luthor and Jor-El were in it.

How could it be bad? Answer: It can’t be, because L.A. Confidential is “off the record, on the QT and very hush-hush”.

With all of WB’s celebrating this year, it’d sure be nice to see HBO Max substantially upgrade their number of classic movies in 4K in the coming months.

Your competition has pretty darn great 4K libraries of past fare HBO Max, so you too should offer classics in 4K as they become available (HD is still great, no doubt, but it also isn’t state of the art anymore, either).

Speaking of WB classics in 4K, The Maltese Falcon’s UHD upgrade is :kissing: :pinched_fingers:t2: and then some.

7 Likes

3 romance movies I really enjoy watching from Warner Brothers are…

1. Pure Country
  2. You’ve Got Mail
  3. A Walk To Remember

They are great films to watch. :grinning:

8 Likes

That one’s cute and fun. I really liked it.

7 Likes

:purple_heart:

6 Likes

Hi everyone!

Our first WB100 watch-along went great last time, so I’m very happy to unveil our second WAL for this yearlong event. Please join @Vroom and myself over at the Lounge on Friday, 4/28, for WB’s masterpiece of Technicolor: The Adventures of Robin Hood, as we celebrate the 1930s this month!

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/wb100-through-the-decades-wal-1930s-the-adventures-of-robin-hood-friday-4-28-5pm-pt-8pm-et/3307155/1

8 Likes

Yay! The Adventures of Robin Hood is one of my favorite 1930s Warner Bros movies. :0_green_arrow: (Just pretend that’s a Robin Hood emoji).

8 Likes

Now you know what we are, now you know what you are. You’ll never grow old, Michael, and you’ll never die.

We unraveled in the face of the enemy!
It’s not our fault, they pulled a mind scramble on us! They opened their eyes and talked!

I didn’t invite you this time, Max.

I must’ve watched this movie at least ten times or more in my pre-teen years. Easily one of the most memorable films and pop culture events of the 1980s. :purple_heart:

Alrighty- show of hands: how many of y’all confused Saxaphone guy with Fabio?

(DC89 slowly raises her hand :smile: :saxophone:)

#WB100

7 Likes

“One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach; all the damn vampires!" I love that movie.

6 Likes

I watched the Lost Boys for the first time with my older cousin and she made me hide behind the couch for some of the more violent scenes. Every time I watch it, it feels like an extended cut because I don’t expect some of those scenes to be there.

6 Likes

Me too. :purple_heart:

:smile: :+1:

7 Likes

One of my most fave covers in my Titans comics collection:

:00_teen_titans:

7 Likes