Warner Bros. 100 Years

Fun Fact: The Lost Boys was director Joel Schumacher’s first foray into the DC pantheon.

Those who’ve seen it know the deal. :wink:

7 Likes

More Fun Facts here^^^

I’ve been to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk’s annual screening of The Lost Boys and it’s super fun. The locals cheered every time a recognizable area landmark came up in the movie. :smiley:

I’ve also been to the Atlantis Fantasyworld comics shop and have looked at the Vampires Everywhere comic from the movie. :smiley: :+1:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Atlantis+fantasyworld+santa+cruz&oq=Atlantis+fantasyworld+santa+cruz&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30j0i15i22i30j0i22i30j0i390i650l2.14921j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

7 Likes
8 Likes

For the Ultra members in the crowd, this is in our library:

Singles and the trade, to boot.

7 Likes

My first post I talk about Ronald Reagan when he made his first movie at the Warner Brothers Studio, but there’s more I should’ve added!
Here we go!

1. Ronald Reagan met his first wife, Jane Wyman on the movie set of Brother Rat! Not only the movie was a hit, it even had a sequel called Brother Rat & the Baby!

2. Ronald Reagan breakout role was Knute Rockne: All American when he played George Gipps, to get the part, he actually had to prove he played football in college, he drove home as fast as he could to get his college picture of him in a football uniform and got the part!

3. Ronald Reagan & Errol Flynn made two movies together and didn’t get along! In Santa Fe Trail, Flynn wanted more scene then Reagan and even have Reagan stand behind him.

4. Continuing story, when filming Desperate Journey Flynn, wanted to play a hero and punch Raymond Massey’s character who is a Nazi, Reagan wanted to be the one to play a hero and punch Massey’s character, so he talk to the producer and get to be the one to punch Massey character! It’s a good movie, to bad they didn’t get along!

5. The Hasty Heart was filmed in England, this was the first time that Reagan ever traveled outside of United States.
    He film this movie after his divorce from Jane Wyman.

6. In the 40s Reagan made 4 different Secret Service movie playing Lt. Brass Bancroft,
    When young Jerry Parr saw one of this movie, he wanted to be a secret service,
    On March 30, 1981 Secret Service Parr was standing behind President Reagan when gunshot rang out he threw the President in the car to save his life, and he did when he told the driver to go to the hospital.
    When Parr told President Reagan it was one of his secret service film that got him interested in being Secret Service, Reagan said, “Those were one of the worst movies I’ve ever made!”
    And it probably did safe his life, and no it wasn’t that bad of a movies.

7. Reagan final movie with Warner Brothers was ‘She’s Working Her Way Through College.’ The movie came out in July of 1952, he played a college professor, I’ve never seen the movie, probably wasn’t good, after that in the next 12 years he worked at Universal, Paramount, Columbia and RKO studios on other films and 2 tv shows.

8. One more fun fact, in The Winning Team, Reagan played a real life baseball player who has a same name as our 22nd & 24th President, ‘Grover Cleveland’ Alexander! And the movie was about his life.

And there you have it. :grinning:

8 Likes

Holy Joe! :astonished:

That goes to show that one person’s lump of cinematic coal is another’s inspiration for a bright (and heroic) future.

Thanks for the share, Gip. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The first Warner studio on Sunset is still there and is now called Sunset Bronson Studios.

John Barrymore had a party man reputation around Hollywood but was indeed one of the finest actors of his age. :+1:

His granddaughter Drew is one of my most fave actors OAT

She resembles him a bit as well.
My most fave DB movie scene here:

My most fave DB film OAT here:

During my pro dancing days I did three video shoots at WB studios and later in my PR days I’ve been to the lot four or five times and the best part of the experience is being able to shop at the very last Warner Bros Studio Store. All of the mall based locations are long gone but you can still shop the store at WB studios in Burbank. :smiley: :+1:

WBSS

wb100

9 Likes

Yesterday I watch two Warner Brothers movies on HBO Max, The Fugitive & Selena. My next movie plan to watch is You’ve Got Mail, Walk The Line, A Walk To Remember, Lawrence Of Arabia or Superman The Movie. :grinning:

6 Likes

:purple_heart:

Fantastic films here. :+1:

7 Likes

I love that store. Its one of my fav things about the WB lot.

Choice picks, Prez! I absolutely love The Fugitive, while Selena is a touching drama about a talent whose light went dark far, far too soon.

Watch them all, especially Lawrence (career bests for director David Lean and star Peter O’Toole) and STM (a career best for everyone involved).

SN: Points to whoever picks out the two non-WB movies in the above list.

pulls out and lights a match while he waits for the correct guess

7 Likes

Ok Walk the line is NOT WB film, but it is on HBO Max, my bad! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

In the worlds of Han Solo, “That’s one!”

slides a few Cool Points POTUS’ way

Can you guess the other non-WB movie you listed?

pulls out another match and lights it while looking into the desert

No worries as you’re good, chief. :superman_hv_4:

hums Hail to the Chief as Beastie Boys tunes play in the background

6 Likes

Non WB films

Spider-man
Daredevil
Star Wars
Star Trek
Lawrence Of Arabia
Walk the Line
Fantastic Four
Batman The Movie (1966)
Bedtime For Bonzo
Back To The Future
Sound Of Music
Pirate Of The Caribbean
The Wizard of Oz
Gone With The Wind

There, happy? :grin: LOL!

8 Likes

:laughing:

Lawrence of Arabia was the other non-WB flick in your small list and since you highlighted that Columbia Pictures-released talkie in your longer list, I shall reward you a “Fat Sack O’ Cool Points”-branded bag of Cool Points.

slides the burlap, “Fat Sack O’ Cool Points”-branded bag of Cool Points over

You earned 'em, buddy! :raised_hands:t2:

SN: Cool Points are accepted at the WB Studio Store…so long as you’ve converted them into American cash (be it paper and/or electronic-based) prior to entering the store. :superman_hv_4:

6 Likes

They own the rights now, so it is technically WB.

7 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

Today Stand and Deliver is being screened at the TCM Classic Film Festival as part of their WB100 celebration and the movie’s 35th anniversary . It was produced by American Playhouse, but distributed by Warner Bros. It makes me very happy that it is one of the movies selected for TCMFF. I am not at liberty say why, but I have very personal connection to the film (beyond it being one of my favorite movies of all time).

9 Likes
9 Likes