Warner Bros. 100 Years

Oh? Which one are you?

7 Likes

Beetlejuice.

7 Likes

Ah, you did so well in that movie. Wondrously horrific, if I do say so myself.

8 Likes

Happy 100th anniversary to Warner Bros.!
Warner Bros. cartoon logo
And to celebrate, here is the song I most associate with the studio (clue: it’s not “As Time Goes By”)

6 Likes

Yes, today marks WB’s official 100th birthday!

8 Likes

Deadline did a great job on this! I love that they included a lot of Warner’s classic TV shows, like Cheyenne, Maverick, Lawman, and 77 Sunset Strip. And it’s great to see DC represented with the TV show Wonder Woman, Superman (1978), Batman (1989), and so on. And it’s great they included the early musicals too! My only caveat is they should have included 42nd Street. I mean, after ninety years it remains Warner Bros.’ best known musical!

7 Likes

Yes I recently watched it again on HBO Max and that finale is just stunning!

7 Likes

Warner Brothers Studio turns 100 years old today! Happy Birthday Warner Brothers! Thankyou so very much for all the movies and shows you have made in the last 100 years! :partying_face::birthday::tada::confetti_ball:

7 Likes
6 Likes

I don’t know if this’ll help, but WB did release a film collection of their best films, divided in genres…

Award Winning Films

Action Adventure/Fantasy Films

Comedies

8 Likes

Happy B-Day WB!

8 Likes

Here’s what I wrote on Facebook with my top ten picks.:smiley:
Warner Brothers Studio turns 100 years old today! While I wasn’t able to make 100 best film list, here’s my top 10 pick of best Warner Brothers movies. :smiley::clapper::film_projector::film_strip::tv:

1. Superman The Movie
  2. Knute Rockne: All American
  3. The Fugitive
  4. Batman (1989)
  5. One Flew Over A Cuckoo’s Nest
  6. Selena
  7. The Dark Knight
  8. The Hasty Heart
  9. The Bodyguard
  10. Casablanca

Feel free to share your favorite Warner Brothers movies. :slightly_smiling_face:

Keep in mind this was just my opinion.:grinning:

8 Likes

One of my most fave WB movies was filmed in and around places that I knew in the Chicagoland area:

Highland Park, Deerfield, Northbrook, Skoakie, The Drake Hotel in downtown Chicago- all places very familiar to me. :smiley:

“Who’s the u-boat commander?” :laughing:

"Y’know Bill… " :smile: :sunglasses:

DC89 Fun Fact: when I got my scholarship to University of Illinois I donned the Raybans and made the announcement to Mama89 and LittleSis89.

Mama got it, LittleSis was like :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
:laughing:

#WB100

8 Likes

My bad- forgot that MIB was a Sony picture. :zipper_mouth_face:

7 Likes

Here’s my top ten:

1. Casablanca
  2. The Maltese Falcon
  3. The Dark Knight
  4. The Big Sleep
  5. Christmas in Connecticut
  6. Superman II
  7. 42nd Street
  8. White Heat
  9. Now, Voyager
  10. Adventures of Robin Hood

I only included films that were produced by Warner Bros. If I included films distributed, but not produced by Warner Bros., Excalibur and Stand and Deliver would be in there.

8 Likes

This looks like it might be a very interesting read, it’s what that THR article is based on:

7 Likes

Solid list. :+1:

8 Likes

Here are all WB films ranked by Letterboxd ratings:

8 Likes

HBO Max has a new section for WB 100, by the way, I’m watching the newly restored 1931 movie Safe in Hell right now!

10 Likes

That’s really exciting, I’ll have to check that out soon. One of my favorite things about HBO Max is all the older movies they have on it.

10 Likes