Warner Bros. 100 Years

:rofl:

“Jose Grecos de Muertos. Dancing Flamingos of Death.”

:joy: :laughing:

6 Likes

And who says that you and I never agree? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Hey everyone, come join us at the Lounge for our first WB100 WAL tonight at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET:

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/wb100-through-the-decades-wal-1920s-where-the-north-begins-friday-3-31-5pm-pt-9pm-et/3303741

7 Likes

Okay, I have a question. Where would I post the watchalong for Superman (1978) and Batman (1989)? General Discussion? Clubs and Events? I was thinking of setting it up today.

5 Likes

Yup, it would be in Clubs and Events under Watch-Alongs.

5 Likes

Thanks! Looking forward to Rin Tin Tin tonight.

6 Likes

Now this is a real Warner Bros. 100th anniversary video! TCM’s April promo. Every single film was produced and/or distributed by Warner.

6 Likes

Amazing!

:raised_hands:

5 Likes

I got the April 23 watch-along for Superman (1979) and Batman (1989) on Turner Classic Movies set up!

5 Likes

Get in the car!

How much do you weigh?

(one of my most fave scenes in the movie here^^^ :smiley:)

Eckhardt… THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE!

This is the movie that ushered your girl into the :00_dc_2016: fandom way back in 1989 y’all. :smiley:
:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

#WB100

6 Likes

I have to wonder that Batman movies and TV shows didn’t bring more people to DC comic books than any other character, at least in the past 50 years. It was Batman '66 that got me into comic books. Reruns of it were ubiquitous in the Seventies!

5 Likes

The phenomena of Batman was purely electric back in '89 and it’s power surged across the entire country. LCS’s were seeing a massive influx of interest after the movie premiered and so many, like me, discovered a whole new genre of entertainment because of B-Man’s strength at the box office. :+1:

Also in the 80s as well. That’s when a very young me saw BG for the very first time. :smiley:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

6 Likes

Oh, before I forget it again, here’s where the post for the Superman/Batman watch-along is Superman (1979) and Batman (1989) on TCM Watch-Along, April 24

5 Likes

Yay! :+1:

6 Likes

Well done video.
Hard to pick favs.
Sups 78, Batman 89 and The Lord Of The Rings.

6 Likes

My top 3 aren’t very original:

But when i think Warner Bros, i think of my hero and role model,

tumblr_ms68dbnteQ1sunyv0o1_500

9 Likes

Even though I am a classic film buff and television historian, familiar with the careers of such Warner contract players as Humphrey Bogart, Bette Davis, and Barbara Stanwyck, familiar with such classic shows as Maverick, 77 Sunset Strip, and Wonder Woman, it is still Bugs that is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Warner Bros.!

6 Likes

Oh, speaking of Warner Bros. cartoons, TCM is showing “Duck Dodgers in the 24th 1/2 Century” before Superman on the 24th!

8 Likes

Ugh so good

8 Likes

I am brilliant in it.

7 Likes