VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

Yes…I believe they are both Pan…but I could be wrong…I know for a fact neither are straight

5 Likes

I never knew that! That’s pretty interesting!

5 Likes

Through the power of Google, I have learned that they are both bisexual not pansexual

5 Likes

Even a great writer with superb art might not sell.

Shazam was written by Geoff Johns (the comic and the Movie) and the Shazam comic did not sell while the movie did well in the box office.

If there are (literally) problematic characters like Aquaman, Shazam or Hawkman there is no way it will catch on. The problem: For 60 years these characters have not been able to maintain a solo title for DC.

More important as a comicbook fan is that Zatanna is up for a legitimate ongoing series for the first time in the character’s 57 year history. Every series that she has starred in has been either a limited series or a team book.

5 Likes

Zatanna had that ongoing in 2009 that lasted for 15 issues.

7 Likes

Regarding the Swamp Thing title:

Alec dissolved the Parliament of Trees a LONG time ago now. All prior Avatars became part of the Parliament of Trees when they were replaced by a new Avatar of the Green.

Why should I be invested in an Avatar that I was OK with Alec getting rid of when they had power in the Parliament? Those assholes wanted to kill Abigail Arcane for being born the Avatar of the Rot.

The Suicide Squad pitch seems madcap and possibly dull.

If you always wanted to read a story centered on an anonymous Sith Lord purged by Darth Bane, Swamp Thing may be the go to choice.

5 Likes

Please I need more queer characters I always feel so underrepresented. I think the idea of Justice League Queer sounds absolutely amazing

11 Likes

Okay but also Robins sounds fantastic, I love them. Please I can’t choose TwT

8 Likes

As much as the Robins story seems great I’m rooting for Justice League Queer I’d love to see people like me in comics

9 Likes

I vote for Suicide Squad Seven

6 Likes

Welcome! I’ve seen a bunch of new queer peeps chime in here because of JLQ! I hope you and others make the DCUI Community your home! We even have this awesome book club thing:

5 Likes

Agree on the Etta Candy story, which I just voted on. I think it would be nice to see a story focused on a Wonder Woman supporting character. After years of Superman and Batman family stories, it’s about time the Wonder Woman family got a spotlight.

7 Likes

Lobo/ Animal man

5 Likes

My votes so far go to:

Robins
Etta Candy, Holliday Hero
Paws Off the Justice League

5 Likes

I mean if I can only pick one it has to be robins. All of these sound cool though so they should do them all.

7 Likes

IIRC it was a limited series like Brian Hill’s Outsiders.

5 Likes

Agreed! I’d love to see Etta get the same treatment as Jimmy Olsen. It would be cool to see her in her own adventures.

6 Likes

Oh gosh I really want “Etta Candy: Holliday Hero, Inc.” Ettas one of my favorite characters and ive been wanting to see her get her own book for AGES!

If this can become a reality I will be ecstatic X3

8 Likes

Hey there! Welcome to our community and I just want to personally say that I love your profile pic! Ominous >:]

And uhh, I’ve gotta say, I do love me some Robins. Which one is your favorite?

7 Likes

If the book does become reality, I want Etta’s powers to stick, not have them as a “one and done” storyline, but made a permanent part of DC continuity.

7 Likes