VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

agreed why should we have to choose between JLQ and batfam, the people demand both

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @blargh.23652, @nehajjar.38371 and anyone I may have missed along the way. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions, we’re here to help!

Welcome back @r.maple.24671! It’s good to see ya!

5 Likes

I don’t (and won’t) use Twitter, but when the vote comes here, I will absolutely vote for Lobo/Animal Man: Scorched Earth.

Why? Because the world always needs more Lobo, man! :batparrot: :ttns_gif_starfire:

scoffs, Lobo-style, at why someone would ask “Why?”, then tosses a fish to a space dolphin as he hops aboard his hog and cruises the spaceways as only The Main Man can

SN: We need Lobo emojis. Comic-based, STAS, Young Justice, Justice League Action, Krypton, whatever. We just needs 'em, man!

revs up spacehog as he whizzes past Takron Galtos

6 Likes

Thank you.

The result are in line with expectations.
Most arguments for established characters are the history and legacy that make DC different from Marvel and non superhero comics. The arguments for All New: All Different::All Better is that “it is time for (insert object of preposition)”

That might work: It generally doesn’t.

6 Likes

Amazing! Here are my picks!
The Brave and The Bug: Crisis on Infinite Ambush
Zatanna and the King of Nightmares
Robins
Swamp Thing: A House of Secrets
Suicide Squad Seven
Superman & Lois: Ignition

5 Likes

Whoops! Looks like I did it wrong! Here are my picks!
Swamp Thing, Zatanna, Robins, Son of the Creeper, Green Lanterns, Blue Beetle, Superman & Lois.

5 Likes

Yeah, my Twitter account is all about politics. I don’t want to deal with adding another account. I’m more than happy to vote here.

6 Likes

Twitter=full of…stuff, let’s say.

DCUI community=full of wonderful folk who are tons of fun.

My flag is firmly planted right here. :slight_smile: :us:

8 Likes

It’s definitely more chill here.

6 Likes

Its absolutely the best fit for this shenaniganery:

8 Likes

I need a robins series in my life

9 Likes

Zatanna has the 2nd highest # of votes of any option. She has not had a solo series in 10 years. The character has only had 3 limited solo series in the last 50 years.

It is high time she was a main focus instead of part of an ensemble.

7 Likes

I’m not saying Zatanna doesn’t deserve one…or that I don’t want one about her…but around 10,000 more people voted in the JLQ vs Robins than any other poll…and I think it is because they both have more supports than others…therefore it is my prediction that one of the two will win the whole thing

5 Likes

Fair point. I joked about Ambush Bug losing to Zatanna, but in truth those titles are not really on equal footing. I mean Nightrunner literally has no chance, it is not beating out stories starring Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Superman, Green Lantern, etc. Same with Ambush Bug. I mean can’t get mad not like we were getting a mini-before but I feel like I was teased with something I would have liked to see that they have to know had no chance of ever happening.

6 Likes

My only question to them would be: We’re getting all of these eventually, right? Right? :pleading_face:

9 Likes

I vote robins definitely I’m in love with them and have been waiting for a series to do with the bat brothers and bat family.

My votes on robins

6 Likes

TL;DR. If they just introduce 8 new queer superheroes it will make Whedon’s Justice League look like Avengers Endgame. Vote your conscience.

Who can they use that is not associated with a group already?

Society will be led by Alan Scott.

At some point there will be another Batwoman series.

Renee Montoya is now in the Birds of Prey.

Poison Ivy x Harley Quinn is canon.

Wonder Woman’s pan sexuality is canon.

Bunker is a Titan.
Artemis is an Outlaw.
Catwoman is solo.
Constantine is JL Dark.
Jackson Hyde is a Titan.
Colton Rivera is a civilian.
Dreamer is either Legion or Science Police.
Godspeed is a villain.
Pied Piper is a Redeemed Rogue.
Maggie Sawyer is a cop.
Helena Wayne does not exist.
New Flash has no stories.
Obsidian has had no new stories in decades.
Thunder is an Outsider.
Grace Choi is an Outsider.
Scandal Savage is an antihero.
Knockout is an antihero.
Alicia Yeoh is a civilian.
Frankie Charles is Operator.
Apollo is Wildstorm Universe.
Midnighter is Wildstorm Universe.

There are plenty of LGBT characters that could theoretically work as solo characters. A Team book requires that some core members have strong name recognition and legacy. Teen Titans had three legacy characters to balance out the three new characters: Robin, Beast Boy, Wonder Girl and Kid Flash balanced Cyborg, Starfire, Raven & Jericho. This is needed because the whole is usually less than the sum of their largest part.

Team books sell less than the most popular member. Teem Titans sell less than all of the books that use Robin/Nightwing. Birds of Prey is outsold by books with Barbara Gordon as a recurring character. Justice League is eclipsed by solo sales for Superman, Batman or Hal Jordan Green Lantern when well written.

Who is the best selling LGBT superhero right now? Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman or John Constantine?

I remember when Marvel tried to have an all female team of Avengers and X-Men: the sales for the Avengers team was less than Jane Foster Thor and X-23 Wolverine respectively. This is the same effect as the Teen Titans – the book may be marketed as a team book while bought like a Bat Book.

BvS sold better than MoS but not as well as Aquaman or Wonder Woman domestically. Justice League flopped because Whedon took almost 45 minutes to take cheap shots at Aquaman, Wonder Woman and especially Batman. The result was that any one of those characters would have made more money in a solo film than the disaster he put on film. A mediocre team on JLQ with new characters would be a flop. A poor team with 8 established and underutilized characters would be a disaster that sets representation in comics back 20 years.

7 Likes

That can be said about literally every idea here. Yeah, we don’t want mediocre or underutilized. I want this to be the best! :partying_face:

8 Likes

No lie, I’d read them all. Maybe not as they all come out in singles, but between the titles I would read as they release, along with trades/DCUI for the others, I’d fit 'em in.

Maybe even double-dip on Lobo, too.

6 Likes

wait they’re part of the LGBTQ+ community?

5 Likes