VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

Oh gosh that would be such a delight! Though for that matter id love to also see this mark a more permanent return of the Holliday girls as a supporting cast for Etta and Wonder Woman. There is so much glorious opportunity awaiting us!

7 Likes

It was ongoing and then it got canciled because of the New 52.

6 Likes

I’d love to read more stories with Jessica Cruz.

7 Likes

Soooo many great ideas to choose from!!! It was very difficult to choose among them. Here are the ones I’m most interested in:

Green Lanterns: Underworld on Fire - I really like the idea of exploring the intergalactic underworld of the DC Universe.

Zatanna and the King of Nightmares - I don’t think Zatanna gets enough solo stories to showcase her unique magical abilities.

Lobo/Animal Man: Scorched Earth - Lobo and Animal Man are two characters I would’ve never imagined putting together so I’m curious what the result would be.

JLQ - I think that this story has the most potential to be an original take on the super hero genre. This would be extremely popular with a number of my students.

Paws Off The Justice League - I love animals and Super Pets just sounds like it would be great fun!

Blue Beetle: Graduation Day - I’ve always had a soft spot for this version of the Blue Beetle since watching him on the Batman: The Brave and the Bold series and am eager to read more about him.

Swamp Thing: A House of Secrets - There aren’t a lot of stories about the Olson version of Swamp Thing out there that I’ve come across.

Asteria: The Last Amazon - The recent Wonder Woman 1984 movie makes me excited to learn more about this Amazon heroine.

5 Likes

Either Green Lantern or Robins sound really cool

6 Likes

Paws Off without QUESTION.

5 Likes

It’s just not right to make us choose.

5 Likes

I know poor Nightrunner doesn’t stand a chance, but I am very sad that this is the case. :frowning:

8 Likes

Aquaman had an ongoing for 10 years. I know that historically that’s not the case, but recently, he was doing better. But then he kinda sank (oh dear, pun) back down.

5 Likes

I know, but I don’t care. I voted for it anyway.

6 Likes

A 15 issue run, like Hawkman’s more recent 27 issue run, doesn’t really inspire confidence, sadly. And I am not dismissing either one - I love Dini’s work on Zatanna, and Hawkman by Venditti is one of my unexpected favorites of the last year, if not the last 5. But the fact that they did have solos for a short amount of time is not nearly as close as something like Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, or even smaller tier titles like Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin, etc.

6 Likes

Vote your heart! It’s the Nightrunner way! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Vote early and often. It’s the Louisiana way…

7 Likes

This is awesome! I would love to see a new Lobo or Zatanna comic book series that I helped contribute in making happen!

6 Likes

I would go a bit further: Tricky characters with little outside traction are a very hard sell when they are rarely seen in big titles.

Cassandra Cain and then Stephanie Brown were proof that new characters can catch on and sell. Both had years of stories to build a base of support in a strong SOLO series.

The wider popularity of Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy are partially the result of being the senior members of the Teen Titans.

7 Likes

Well, also, Raven, Starfire, and Beast Boy were three of the main characters in the very, very popular Teen Titans (and less popular, though still very influential on the kids Teen Titans Go) cartoons. That’s a huge part of it, I think.

I love Hawkman. I think given…I dunno. Maybe better marketing, and a tie in to other, popular titles INSTEAD of the bloody awful Infected/Year of the Villain arc (that didn’t tie into anything for real and for all Venditti’s craft, felt like a distraction arc from the main thrust of the series) - maybe a crossover with Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman - or Justice League - I don’t know why Venditti didn’t cross over when he was writing the title, maybe the schedulling didn’t work out? - might have lifted the series. Unlike Deathstroke, which fell to cancellation levels at least three times, and was saved by crossovers or big guest appearances, Hawkman never had a marketing gimmick that seriously lifted sales. A sad sign that quality is not the only thing that sells books. :frowning:

6 Likes

You really should publish them all. But if I have to pick just one I’d have to go with Justice League Queer, even if the name is a little clunky . . . Justice League Pride would sound more fun, honestly.

Or Robins. I’ve always wanted an all Robin book. Seriously, who hasn’t at this point? And everyone hanging out at Dick’s place? Just perfect. And no Batman around means more trouble to get into.

Paws off the Justice League though is brilliant. I mean, I love Jimmy Olsen, and the Super Pets and they don’t get any love. They need this.

But no, it has to be Blue Beetle, my boy Jaime needs love, too.

Ignition though, I’d love to see Lois running around in a space suit with an old school laser blaster helping Superman instead of waiting for him to rescue her. It would be nice if she saved him for a change. :smiley:

Like I said, how about all of them? :00_dc_pride:

7 Likes

I want them all.
That being said the ones I want the most are robins, jesse quick and JLQ, with Robins being no. 1.

With ‘robins’ I am interested in the idea that they are being hunted by the sipposed first sidekick of the bat.
With Jesse quick, I just haven’t seen her for a while so, I just want to see more of her and other JSA heroes.

With JLQ regardless of the final result, I think DC should do it at some point. we all know that when it comes to new characters, only a handful stick around long term. So, If this is done then DC can see what characters the fans like and either give them a mini/maxi series or integrate them into other books.
My only worry with JLQ is that they make the new characters sexual orientation the only thing about them… that probably doesn’t make sense but I hope you get what I mean.

8 Likes

JLQ feels a bit on-the-nose and as a gay man myself, I’m just not a fan of the word “queer”. I’d also be more interested in seeing LGBT representation in the main JL line up rather than just having their own separate team.

But that being said, I appreciate the push for LGBT representation all the same. If DC really wants to do it properly it should have an LGBT writer, but just having the book is a net good. Definitely has my vote, along with Robins.

8 Likes

Hey thanks for welcoming me. I’ve had dc universe on and off for a year but never posted to the community cause I figured I would have nothing interesting to say lol.

Since I’m still getting caught up with Batman stories my favorite robin is either Dick or Tim. Dick is one of my favorite characters though just for being both robin and night wing but I’ve definitely read more of Tim being robin so maybeee he has the slight edge.

I’m almost on Grant Morrison’s Batman run so we shall see about Damian (Although I did read some of Batman and robin new 52 and was confused but liked Damian)

8 Likes