:0_round_robin: VOTING CLOSED! Round Robin: Round II :0_round_robin:

Welcome to the community @jatarrasinnn.4892 and @ShadowLogic - Thanks for sharing your opinions with us. Feel free to explore and participate in our many other discussions too! If you have any questions, let us know!

5 Likes

No thank you I love to participate in good conversation about comics and film

6 Likes

Then youā€™ve definitely come to the right place! :orange_heart:

4 Likes

Is it? Cool! I wonder if heā€™ll light something for her with his pinky. Because that would be real classy.

7 Likes

I love the image for Robins~ Now I really want it to win XD

7 Likes

Thatā€™s El Diabloā€¦ El Dorado is from the classic Super Friends cartoon.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for adding the community to the voting process of the early stages. It is very much appreciated. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Welcome to DCUI @ShadowLogic @jatarrasinnn.4892 @FastestManAlive @Astro_Wizard @thirdrex.71113 and @bndean.93335! :smiley: :+1:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve voted, now off to twitterverse to vote. I may just cancel my votes out, as they are all great ideas.

7 Likes

That makes me very hopeful!

:00_dc_pride:

13 Likes

So you all already have writers and artists planned, but only on pair will actually get the job? That sounds very messed up if at the end of this you donā€™t say ā€œSurprise weā€™re eventually doing all of these!ā€

7 Likes

Can we rig the vote orā€¦

3 Likes

Welcome @kidzworld2014.77299 ! Also, lol

4 Likes

Honestly I REALLY hope Robins will lose out to Zatanna in the next round.

Not because I donā€™t want to read it, but with a book like Batman: Urban Legends I think thereā€™s already a perfect book to put that story in, while getting a book that would have a harder time getting published.

7 Likes

A lot of new readers or fans are being introduced through the teen titans or the newer dc animations where the teen titans are more of a presence than Lobo, Robin being so closely related to one of the most popular characters in the comics (Batman) makes it more likely for people to ask for more. Honestly Iā€™m surprised there hasnā€™t already been a series focusing on the robins alone. So Iā€™d be stoked if it actually comes to fruition, because I grew up with Dick Grayson and always love to see more of his character. I mean it sucks but most newer fans might not know much about lobo or even that he exists. TBH I didnā€™t know about him as a kid until Injustice 1.

8 Likes

Hi @kidzworld2014.77299 - First, let me welcome you to the community! Weā€™re really glad to have you here, and hope you stick around and discuss with us!

As for your questions, we just recently had a Q&A with the very DC Publishing staff that brought the Round Robin to life. Everyone involved is very excited by the idea of letting the fans choose which direction this will go, and what the end result will be.

In regards to doing all of the series involved, Katie Kubert stated in the Q&A - ā€œwe definitely want to figure out the best way to give life to all of these amazing concepts ā€“ itā€™s just figuring out the best way to do that that honors the concepts, the creators, and the fans.ā€

So things are still up in the air. If youā€™re interested in seeing more answers from the people involved in these stories, here is a link to the full Q&A session.

7 Likes

Sā€™cool we got a dang good so far Swampy book out NOW, and, sigh, I guess its time for a longbox closet shuffle to find those AMBUSH BUG books. Weā€™re nearing hammock-reading weather and I NEED PRINT!

4 Likes

That match really was the only one I cared about in Round 1, and I was rooting for both of them to win somehow. :wink:

6 Likes

Weā€™re really going to go through all of this just so that we can get yet another book about the Robins/Gotham? Donā€™t yā€™all Batman folks have enough active books and back issues already? Do you literally have to be the only thing that DC does?

Literally 14 of the 34 books DC will release this month are about Batman or characters from his universe. Thatā€™s over 41% of everything DC releases this month. And here we have a chance for Lobo/Animal Man to get featured, or Zatanna, or Jesse Quick, or Blue Beetle and instead weā€™re getting people overwhelming asking for more of what they already have too much of.

I get it - we all love what we love and want more of it - but if Robins goes on to win this thing, and at this point Iā€™d be gobsmacked if it didnā€™t, then the message sent will be that we donā€™t want anything new. We donā€™t want any of the other characters to ever get featured. We donā€™t want DC to explore their entire universe. Nope, just keep those stories from Gotham coming and nothing else and weā€™ll be fine.

Itā€™s disappointing to see but not unexpected.

14 Likes