:0_round_robin: VOTING CLOSED! Round Robin: Round II :0_round_robin:

Oh, wow, we have so much more to decide with now. I’m still on team “all of them, please,” but from the Q&A it sounds like the intent is to give all 15 a later chance in some format, so that’s enheartening. My two cents…

• Zatanna all the way. She definitely needs more headline titles, while the GL tale can fit in any GL book. As @HubCityQuestion and @OldManJonah pointed out… written by Jen and Sylvia Soska!!! Plus, Vanesa Del Rey art - that would be an excellent counterbalance to her beautiful work on Scarlet Witch.
  • Lobo/Animal Man needs to happen. I’m repeating my round one logic here, but they were an awesome pair (with Starfire) in 52 and I want more of that. Plus, just look at Maxine right there in that teaser image. This is exactly what I’m hoping for from this story. (And people seem to have some problem with Tim Seeley - not sure of the backstory on that, but if it’s not enough to sway the diehard Robins supporters, look at who’s writing Lobo/Buddy … Heath Corson has written the screenplays for nearly all of your favorite DC animated movies.)
  • Jesse - I’m less vested in this argument, as I don’t recognize any of the creators by name (will need to Google), but both look beautiful. I just don’t want Jaime to grow up. Just like Raven would get story-boring if she matures in to a confident adult, Jaime needs to idle in angsty, awkward, bad-decision-making high school - if he matures too much he’s “just another Beetle.”
  • Suicide Squad - I love me some Kelly/Lanzing stories, but am sticking to my guns here - - no Lois in space nonsense. Plus, come on - I don’t think we’ve seen El Dorado since his cameo in Suicide Squad Most Wanted; why are he, El Gaucho, and Zachary Zatara rolling with the Squad? Plus … is that Black Alice?!?! And Lord Kobra (Or is that Jericho?)!?! And … BAYTOR?!?!?! C’mooooon!
7 Likes

Amen! Gimme the deep cuts!

9 Likes

I would love to see more Kyle Rayner and Kilowog. If they’re making a live action Zatanna and she’s still a mainstay in JL Dark, I think she’d be fine not getting a solo series for now. I’d much rather see some more lantern stuff, especially since Rayner has been a little neglected lately and been bouncing around as a background character in either GL comics or Titans. Rayner is too much of a major player in GL comics to be both a background character in the GL comics AND not get any live action or animated versions except one small animated mention now and then, if that.

5 Likes

Question: if I vote for one book on another platform, do I have to stick with my choice here (something something ‘unspoken rules’) or can I vote differently based on other factors (like a change of opinion).

5 Likes

I was suprise to get a Round Robin badge! Thankyou so much, @Moderators! That was a nice suprise.:smiley:
Also nice new emoji you’ve got!
:0_round_robin:

12 Likes

It’s cool to see the voting brought over here! I imagine the number of votes won’t be as numerous as on Twitter, but hopefully still enough to make a difference. :wink:

7 Likes

I really hope Graduation day wins. I love Blue Beetle!

7 Likes

I’m good with Robins winning. We are already getting a Lobo/Crush series

6 Likes

My votes went to Green Lanterns, Robins, Jessie Quick, and S&L: Ignitions. I’d love to see Kyle appearing regularly in a book again!

4 Likes

Team Robins!!! :00_robin: :yjo_nightwing: :00_red_robin:

9 Likes

I’m OK with the results so far, except that JLQ was up against Robins.

7 Likes

Look, I get it and I’m with you. My number one DC publishing wish is that they would relaunch Adventure Comics as an anthology series with maybe 3 or 4 stories a month exclusively featuring the lesser-seen characters of the DC Universe who don’t regularly carry their own titles. The entire DC Universe roster needs love, not just the heavy hitters.

That said, Robins is actually a really good Gotham idea that hasn’t been done before. It’s unique, and not just another generic Batman story. If it was, I could understand better where all of the Robins/anti-Bat-books naysayers are coming from. And let’s be honest, it’s just a killer pitch. Kudos to Tim Seeley for coming up with it.

Anyway, my votes this round: Zatanna, Robins, Jesse Quick, Superman and Lois

12 Likes

Aside from what @Barrys.Better.Half told you, and the answers in the Q&A thread:

a) All of the participants in the tournament are established comics professionals who regularly get their work published and will (assumedly) have no trouble doing so in the future. It’s not like these are all struggling newcomers being pitted against one another to get their first major work published.

b) All of the pitches were solicited for the tournament, so all of the participants knew what they were getting into and knew that only one pitch would win.

7 Likes

Zatanna + The Soska Sisters?!?!?!

This needs to happen!!! The movies they have made are amazing and I can’t wait to see what they do with Zatanna!

9 Likes

I picked every popular pitch with the exception of, Stephanie Phillips, Jess Quick.

5 Likes

Ya, I have to admit, that I voted twice. Naughty me. :laughing:
I voted the same for a couple of them, Robins over Animal Man/Lobo, cause while I like both characters, not as much as I like the Robins. And, I voted for Supes, cause I like Harley, but ultimately, I’m not a huge Suicide Squad fan. I love Superman too much.

But, I did cancel myself out with Zee and the Gls, and Jesse and Blue Beetle. I couldn’t decide which title I liked better, so I voted for all of them!

5 Likes

Nooooo! Green Lantern and Zatanna are the two I want the most!

5 Likes

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. :joy:

Too hard just to choose one so it’s good all of them will have some way of being made in the future. :sunglasses: :+1:

Especially seeing my vote in the last poll now split it 50/50. :astonished: :joy: :eyes:

6 Likes

I understand your frustration completely, have you already checked out @Barrys.Better.Half’s post above?

After reading through the Q&As, I got a better grasp of how everything works for this. Sure, Robins may win, but the people up top still get a clue of how much everyone wants certain stories to come to light. People get riled up and then spread the word so that they can try and rally support for their favorite stories and, boom, we have more cool stories. We have to hope for a brighter future, together.

7 Likes

Of course, of course… it’s what we do :wink:

6 Likes