UPDATE! 🏬 Put Your Favorite Local Comic Shop On the Map! 🏬

Thanks @Barrys.Better.Half! :grinning: :+1:

5 Likes

You are so welcome!! Thank YOU for sharing your go-to spot with us! :orange_heart:

5 Likes

I’d be remiss if I didn’t add this spot to our amazing map!

Name: Packrat Comics

Address: 3864 Lattimer Street, Hilliard, OH 43026

Why you love it: This comic shop has become our new favorite hang! The employees are super nice, often engaging in deep excited conversation about specific comics or art and they have a wide variety of quality Batman hardbacks (and One Piece for others in the family :wink:). They also have a sweet Vigo poster from Ghostbusters II and other little surprises hidden around every corner. Packrat somehow pulls off a fresh new clean store while still kicking it old school. If you’re ever in the area, be sure to look them up and stop by!

5 Likes

Hey @KeyFamily! I’ve added your shop to the map. I LOVE the layout they have! Looks like a fantastic place to visit.

6 Likes

Thank you @Barrys.Better.Half! It sure is! :grinning:

6 Likes

Name : Earth-2 Comics
Address : 8967 Reseda Blvd, Northridge, CA 91324
Why you love it : I knew nothing about comic books when I went to this place and the staff there was very accepting of a newbie. I told them what I liked from my childhood and what movies I liked and they pointed me in the right direction. Not only did they scratch the itch by getting me caught up on Hawkman, Green Lantern and my other DC favorites but they introduced me to new favorites like Ed Brubaker and the James Bond books from Dynamite. Plus, Geoff Johns - the writer of my favorite Hawkman run - is partners with them!

6 Likes

Instead of doing Comix Zone (my local one that is already on the DC store database) I want to bring attention to one that is more hidden.

Name: Collectables Galore

Address: 615 S Main St. North Syracuse, NY 13212 (If unable to find, then try Collectibles Galore, South Main Street, North Syracuse, NY)

Why you love it: The owner is a fantastic guy. He is a war veteran with a great passion for comics and knows his stuff. We get into discussions about Batman comics and even had a debate on if Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1 and #2 is a series or 2 seperate one shots. Alongside that, there are some crazy valuable books I have found there. I found stuff like Detective Comics #500, Batman Year One in single issues, Black Orchid by Neil Gaiman, and even Animal Man #5 by Grant Morrison. Plus, when the virus hit he started helping comic stores by buy up closing shops stocks for how much they need to survive. If that isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.

8 Likes

Hi @FelixLeiter and @TheSandmanofGotham - I’ve added both of these shops to the map, thanks for sharing your go-to places with us. I loved both of your “Why you love it” explanations as well, they sound like two amazing places.

6 Likes

Name : Comic Zen

Address : 301-A W Main St Lansdale PA 19446

Why you love it : The owner is welcoming, friendly, enthusiastic, and gives great recommendations. He is willing to help with whatever you’re looking for, and takes the time to get to know his customers.

6 Likes

That sounds like a great comic store, @brimatwin74.57075! Thanks for sharing it, and welcome to the Community. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve added your shop to the map @brimatwin74.57075 - As @Green.Lantern stated, thanks for sharing with us! We hope to see more of you around the community, and now we know where to go for a comic book if any of us pass by Lansdale! :orange_heart:

5 Likes

OMG. This topic has just cost me future money. I travel for a living, this is amazing. I’d felt I’d been to most comic book stores in the midwest… I’ve missed two in my homestate! I see you Dork Den in Mankato and Little Professor in Owatonna. I will be in soon.

The 218 in my username is the area code of my hometown, and my local store isn’t on this list yet. Let’s fix that.

Name : Collector’s Connection

Address : 2220 Shadow Mountain Drive Duluth, MN 55811

Why you love it : This shop has patiently and expertly provided the northen Minnesota/Wisconsin area with comic books, cards, collectibles, gaming for the last 30 years.

6 Likes

I’m gonna list off a few of the coolest comic books stores I have found in my travels that are not yet on the list. While hesitant to give away some of my secrets, they do deserve recognition for being so awesome to deal with and having the good stuff.

Name : Mayhem Collectibles

Address : 7500 University Blvd Clive, IA 50325

Why you love it : This comic book store, also has space for collectibles, cards and gaming, but they are dedicated to comic books! The largest selection of new comic books each week I have ever seen, mainstream to the super independent publishers. Massive rooms dedicated to housing immaculately organized back issues which are in one of the more sophisticated and eloquent custom built drawers I have ever seen. It’s like a law library, but the files are comic books. One of my favorite stores to visit always something new to find!

5 Likes

Name : Prairie Dog Comics

Address : 4800 W Maple St # 122, Wichita, KS 67209

Why you love it : I love it because they have it. Do you want it? They can usually get it. This place is amazing. I both love and hate this place, I would be so much better off financially had I never stumbled across this place. Stuff I didn’t even know I wanted, they’ve got it. Wonderful atmosphere, great owner, fair on prices too.

5 Likes

Name : The Comic Interlude

Address : 393 Waller Avenue (Waller Center) Lexington, KY 40504

Why you love it : Whenever I add a golden age book to my collection it is a noteworthy occasion. I happened into this shop based on a photo of a google maps reviewer, it showed the “back wall” behind the register with the key books. It just gave me a feeling. The owner of this store has an eye for obscure. I just don’t know how to describe this but this was beyond worth my travel. I always stop here whenever in the area.

5 Likes

JC’s Comics & More Your Pop Culture Superstore address: 6725 W Central Ave in St James Plaza Toledo Ohio 43617 (419) 531-6097. Books, action figures, posters, T-shirts, statues, Funko’s, Model Kits, tons of back issues, shipping out. By size and service it outshines all other shops in area. Over 36 years in Toledo, Oh

5 Likes

Name: Bosco’s - Comics, Cards & Games (2 Locations)
BOSCO’S – Comics Cards and Games

World Headquarters
2301 Spenard Road
Anchorage, AK 99503

Dimond Center Location
800 East Dimond Blvd.
Anchorage, AK 99515

Why you love it: Bosco’s was the first shop I found when I moved here in 1990. They had and have everything or can get it quickly. Same people have worked there for years which makes it nice when they already know what I’m looking for.

Like most LCS it only looks disorganized to those who have never been there…

7 Likes

Whew! Quite a few new and awesome shops added to the map. @JEREMY_of_218 Love that you visit comic shops local to the areas that you travel for work!

@billk43607.91614 - I think I’ve been to this one! Years ago when I was traveling from PA to Michigan. Awesome place!

@AK_Bandit We don’t have many shops on the map from Alaska, that’s really cool. And, it looks like a huge selection!

7 Likes

Name : Comics Are Go
Address : 5214 DETROIT RD. SHEFFIELD VILLAGE, OH 44035
Why you love it : Eric and his crew work hard every day to present a fantastic presentation for the comics and related merchandise in the shop. They’ve taken a small shop and grown it with spectacular service.

6 Likes

Hi @vince.t.69932 - Welcome to the community!! Thanks so much for sharing your go-to place with us. Shout-out to Eric, sounds like good people! We’ve added Comics Are Go to the map.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need assistance with anything, we’re excited to see you around the forums more! :orange_heart:

6 Likes