UPDATE! šŸ¬ Put Your Favorite Local Comic Shop On the Map! šŸ¬

Name: North Coast Nostalgia
Address: 5853 Ridge Rd, Cleveland, OH 44129
Why you love it: This store was open when I was a little kid and remember going there with my grandmother as it was 2 blocks from her house. This is the place where I got my first Superman comic. While the owners might have changed, the store is filled with memories of the past while creating future memories. There is a fine selection of statues, action figures, and comics. If something is not in the store Adam or Candice will be sure to help you find it.

I canā€™t wait to go there with @capo-mage once we are all vaccinated!

4 Likes

Apparently I need to represent for potatoland ā€¦ missing these guys the past year.

Name : Captain Comics Inc
Address : 710 S Vista Ave, Boise, ID 83705
Why you love it : Tons of backissues (took over the store next door to expand to enough space to easily flip through them all) and current stock - friendly staff, always willing to recommend things, and the manager has even sold me her personal copy when I missed adding things to my pull list. Curbside pickup for Covid!

Name : Deemoā€™s Discount Comics
Address : 200 N Capitol Blvd, Boise, ID 83702
Why you love it : Technically, this is the address for Space Bar, a bar and arcade that Deemoā€™s does business out of. He specializes in the harder to find and will be your tireless search engine if you need something, does subscriptions for new releases (really helpful for those who live downtown and donā€™t have a car), has a stash of mostly TPBs and GNs for sale any time the bar is open, and a huge backstash he hauls out for cons and FCBD. Also sells custom RPG dice and other supplies, and sprinkler parts. (Thereā€™s nothing better than drunk buying comics on a Saturday night, forgetting them, and having the bartender hold them for you until next time you swing by for lunchtime pinball).

Aaaaandā€¦ it looks like @BatHuman covered the treasure trove that is Thatā€™s Entertainment ā€“ on the corner of Lois Lane :wink: ā€“ and @Lincolnfan78 added Adventures Underground which Iā€™m fairly certain used to be next door to a lighting store called The Green Lantern - complete with an old oil lantern hanging out front.

7 Likes

Itā€™s so on. Weā€™re are going to get that done & I canā€™t wait!!!

4 Likes

@D4RK5TARZ and @keath - Iā€™ve added your shops to the map, thanks for sharing these amazing places with us!

@D4RK5TARZ and @capo-mage - Iā€™m jealous! lol

6 Likes

Open invitation to u & your significant other if u wanna go with??? But totally understandable why u wouldnā€™t or couldnā€™t if u canā€™t. Love to have u both along tho if your partner is willing. Could always meet there, although, I have no clue whether it would be a 20hr trip or 1hr trip & how weird it might seem to u lol. Just letting u know weā€™d love to have u 2 along.

5 Likes

Agreed! We will be going to a bunch of places in the area looking for comics and statues and action figures, OH MY!

5 Likes

@capo-mage @D4RK5TARZ - Super sweet, thank you for the invitation. Iā€™m nowhere near Cleveland anymore but I truly appreciate the gesture. :orange_heart:

4 Likes

No reason to apologize. If I was u & lived right next to the store I wouldnā€™t go. Youā€™re in a different situation than me & @D4RK5TARZ. We both have enough info on each other that itā€™s not a big deal. I would imagine nobody whoā€™s a mod would go to a non-DCI related or sponsored event with 2 strangers from another state lol. Just figured Iā€™d put it out there cuz it would be cool irl, but, yeah, trust me I get it & Iā€™m sure @D4RK5TARZ feels the same or at least similar (not to speak for u, just assuming cuz I know how laid back u are, weā€™ll get along just fine).

5 Likes

Multiverse Comics
509 S. Main St. Suite 151
Culpeper, VA

The owner is an all around great guy. I never have a problem getting any and all books I want to read. This is saying a lot because my subscription list is huge. :blush:

6 Likes

Awesome, sounds like a good shop to visit. Iā€™ve added the shop to the map, thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

Place: Zombie Planet
Address: 1238 Central Ave, Albany, NY 12205

Why Theyā€™re Great: First off, they have two floors of space. The first floor is mainly board games and the second floor is for their comics. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. They do a great job of serving the Capital Region of NY.

5 Likes

Hi @Skajadeh - Thanks for sharing Zombie Planet with us, sounds like an awesome place! An entire floor dedicated to comics, count me in! Iā€™ve gone ahead and added your go-to shop to the map. :orange_heart:

5 Likes

Dude! I was there when they opened up! Always pop by when Iā€™m in the area.

6 Likes

tenor

No. Freaking. WAY! That is SO cool! Wow!

5 Likes

Im seein ALOT of Ohio bein repā€™d here, I need to get some addresses to add to the list.

5 Likes

Hobby Lobby
652 w central ave, Delaware Ohio
Owner/operator: Jaime
Who knows none to much about funnybooks and prefers Star Trek to Star Wars, but despite those OBVIOUS flaws is pretty cool. The bulljive conversations are the highlight of the week, and if a book does get missed heā€™s always been quick to reorder or go the extra bit and snag it off ebay.

6 Likes

Check this one out! Itā€™s our current jam. Totally awesome!

5 Likes

Its been a friggen spell, but as I remember it, I know someone who knew the owners, husband and wife, and they told me all about itā€¦? This has gotta be somewhere around 20 years now

5 Likes

Flying monkey comics
1778 columbus pike, Delaware ohio
Now this is where I go to talk books. The owner has always been mega-helpful and knowledgeable and gave me a good deal on a trade in of some old books I had doubles of. Store-credit, everybody wins!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve added this shop to the map as well, thanks so much for sharing!

5 Likes