UPDATE! 🏬 Put Your Favorite Local Comic Shop On the Map! 🏬

I’ll check it out. Right by my place. Thanks for the rec.

5 Likes

Heroes Comic and Gaming
361 Baxter Ave Louisville KY 40204
They carry several games that relate to Comics like Crisis Protal . The Overlap of games and games is awesome and also carry Comics based on games

6 Likes

I’ve added your shop to the map! Thanks so much for sharing :orange_heart:

4 Likes

Name: Fantom Comics
Address: 2010 P St NW, Washington, DC 20036
Why you love it: It is very LGBTQ, POC, and women-friendly. They also have many fun events (under usual non-covid circumnstances) that helps build a comic-loving community.

6 Likes

Name: Rock Bottom Comics
Address: 1013 E Walnut St; Columbia, MO 65201
Why I love it: It was the first comic book shop in Mid-Missouri and for a long time the only comic book shop in the area. They have a great selection not only of current titles, but older titles as well (everything from the Silver Age onward). Their staff is both knowledgeable and helpful.

6 Likes

Hey @justatallhobbit.17180 - I’ve added Fantom Comics to the map, I love how this shop is all inclusive… no one is left behind and we can all nerd out together!

@mercurie80 - I’ve added your shop to the map too! I remember when my hometown opened their first Comic Shop, it was AMAZING and big news! Sounds like a great place to visit!

Thanks for sharing!!

7 Likes

Hey I would like to add Ultimate Comics in Durham, NC added to this list. They have been around for almost 20 years and they are the best and really are a community store and a fun place for everyone to geek out about their favorite hobby.

Ultimate Comics Durham

6120-A Farrington Rd.

Durham, NC 27517

6 Likes

Hey @scenennerd2.71449 - I’ve added Ultimate Comics in Durham to the map! Twenty years is a long time, here’s to twenty more! Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

My family got me a pop of Andy Serkis there. I haven’t been yet. But I just wanted to add it.

4 Likes

Hey @Behemoth - I’ve added this shop to the map, I went to the website and grabbed a little info from it to add in the description. Thanks for sharing with us!

5 Likes

Name: Asylum Comics

Address: 5360 N Mesa St, El Paso, TX 79912

Why you love it: I love this place because the staff are incredible. They have a love for comics and people, and they always treat you like family.

7 Likes

Name: Daydreams Comics
Address: 21 South Dubuque St. Iowa City, IA 52240
Why I love it: The staff are as passionate and knowledgeable as i am about comics and they share the same love of storytelling and place items aside for me.

5 Likes

Hi @kboom22 and @Remember5NovEveyHammond!

I’ve added both of your shops to the map! Thanks so much for sharing your go-to places.

6 Likes

You post the Serkis pop? Love to see that.

4 Likes

Name: Comics Kingdom
Address: 8095 Phelan Blvd A, Beaumont, TX 77706
Why I love it: A coworker put me on to this shop and I like the environment. The other comic shop I like to visit is The Book Stan which is right down the road.

348s

5 Likes

I’ve added your shop to the list. Thanks so much for sharing with us! I love the look of this shop!

6 Likes

Since I work downtown (during non-pandemic times), Isotope Comics (326 Fell St, SF Ca 94102) is my most consistent go to for books and sometimes action figures, but truth be told- I’ll scour the city and on out into the Bay Area to track down an issue if I need it. I’m no stranger to Caltrain’ing as far as San Jose if I get a shop confirmation that a book or figure I want is in stock as well (this is how I completed my Batgirl: Year One collection :smiley: :+1:).

9 Likes

Unfortunately I’m in rehab and they can’t let me out due covad and I’ve told Mike I can’t pick up my books and I told him to go ahead and put all books back out in the rest of the rack

5 Likes

Oh nooo, I’m so sorry to hear that :frowning:. I hope you’re feeling better soon!

4 Likes

Hey @DC89 - I’m sorry for the delayed response, I usually get notifications for the map but I didn’t see yours. I’ve added your shop to the map! Thanks so much for sharing. :orange_heart:

5 Likes