Trial of the Amazons | Book Discussion | Spoilers Ahead

Also, I basically was only paying attention to Diana and Steve. :rofl:

6 Likes

Its hard to avoid Steve and Diana (and really, who’d want to? They’re awesome), so I don’t blame you.

6 Likes

That reminds me of a…not really an issue, but a nag with the Conrad/Cloonan WW book.

After all this time, we still haven’t had a scene where Diana and Steve really interact and talk to each other since she’s come back from the dead. It’s almost like they’re planning on breaking the two up and are just slowly easing the audience into it.

6 Likes

If that happened, that would suck.

I mean, I’m just getting back into reading WW on a monthly basis, and if they go that route, I’ll probably go back to trade reading it.

As kids in the '80s wanted their MTV, we WW fans want our S&D! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

We had a really nice scene that was over quickly due to superhero-fight interruptions, but yeah. Nothing like what I was hoping for after all this time.

If what you suspect is true…well, I’ll be devastated, but not altogether surprised. I mean technically they already broke up some time ago…and they’ve both seen other people (Siggy and whoever “Babe” is in Steve’s phone). If anything I have a feeling we have a love triangle/quadrangle coming up when TOTA is over and the normal series resumes.

5 Likes

@Angel212 Not TOTA-related, but I’m just wondering…when Sensational Wonder Woman Special #1 drops next week, will you be posting a thread about it, or talking about in one of your other WW threads?

Want to know in advance, as its one of my most-anticipated books for next week, so I will definitely want to nerd out with others over it in the correct locale.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve grown to really like the Diana/Steve relationship (I think the movie did a lot of help there). I just hope that if they do break it off, it’s not from some dumb drama and feels authentic for the two characters.

The one silver lining I would say about such a break up is that if it does happen, it means we might be able to actually give Diana a girlfriend for once in the past 80-ish years.

6 Likes

Not sure yet…I’ll let you know! :+1:

4 Likes

Agreed. Have there been any “candidates” (I feel tacky using that word in that context, but its really the most apropos that immediately came to mind) for a potential female love interest, as of late?

Me as I stood up and then read your reply while saying “Okay, cool.”, @Angel212. :clark_hv_4:

4 Likes

This was my problem with the way it was handled to begin with (in G Willow Wilson’s run). I have strong opinions about this, obviously, but I don’t care if the God of Love dies or not - that would not make Steve stop loving Diana. Otherwise when the God of War was killed all war would end also. And anyway, just…no. What they have is special and should transcend those things. :rage:

This was the main reason for my question to them at yesterday’s q&a. I like Siggy and all but I did feel during that storyline, if you’re going to pair her with someone besides Steve, why not at least make it a woman?

They did have a very favorable response about the whole thing though, so there’s still hope! Maybe just let her date another woman for awhile so Steve can let “Babe” down easy. :pray:

4 Likes

Other than her former girlfriend Kasia from Rebirth Year One, I’ve never even seen it alluded to in the current timeline.

4 Likes

That’s something new and different they can do then…but only if Steve and her split up.

3 Likes

I would say there was an alluded to relationship in Black and Gold during the mod-era story. It wasn’t the best candidate and a complete one off but it was there. (I apologize, I can’t remember the issue number)

I think that is the closest I have seen as I haven’t read Rebirth Year One… yet.

Eyes the TPB on my shelf… it is snowing out and what else am I going to do other than finally finish Three Jokers.

5 Likes

I think that was issue 3? I’ll have to reread the mod story because I don’t remember that reference. But yes, in standalone anthologies and Elseworlds like Bombshells it has been a thing. I was just meaning during the current timeline of the main comics.

4 Likes

It was more of a “you’re my best friend and we’re going to live here forever away from the outside world” type thing. However, as it was a WW story I might have read between the lines.

5 Likes

To beat the snow in a :wonderwoman:onderful way, you could watch Wonder Woman (to ring in its 5 year anniversary) while reading Year One.

It’d be a perfect merging of origin tales from different mediums.

often has a DC movie or show on as he reads comics

3 Likes

So I got sidetracked before I made it to the bookshelf, I picked up more books from the scary stacks of comics that I haven’t read yet and finished reading Justice League Infinity, and currently reading Blue and Gold.

3 Likes

hold up the wondergirl series was cancelled?? :cry: :cry:

6 Likes

Yeah, at issue 7. It was originally solicted for a few more issues, but if I were to wager a guess, the delays and having to have things synced up for Trial of the Amazons caused the cancellation.

What I’m hoping for is after Trial of the Amazons we get a new Wonder Girls book that stars Yara, Cassie and Donna.

7 Likes

Given that the variants for both issues of TOTA: WG were originally solicited for Wonder Girl #s 8 and 9, I’m curious how much of the actual story content in those issues changed to fit TOTA in comparison to what was originally planned for them.

Great Hera, Merciful Minerva, Deodato’s Artemis and beyond, that’s a :wonderwoman:onderful idea!

If the approach of multiple concurrent holders of a mantle works for Batgirls (and it does), then it can absolutely work for Yara and friends, too.

Based on yesterday’s Q&A, it seems like there’s a lot of love for Yara and a desire to do more with her beyond Dark Crisis, so I hope, hope, hope that she gets another starring gig :notes: “in the not too distant future.” :notes:

8 Likes