Titans Episode 9 Reaction Thread: Spoilers Ahead!

Did anyone else look for easter eggs at the newsstand? There was a magazine with Wonder Woman’s silhouette on it and a headline about her.

6 Likes

Nice, didn’t catch that

2 Likes

Yes & it looked exactly like Bernie’s news stand in death of Superman movie.

2 Likes

Such a great episode. Titans gets described as a slow burn, but it accomplishes character development at a level that has not been seen in any other super hero show.

This week was a detour from the main story line but from the very first scene of the brothers filming their first takedown the episode had me hooked in.

Give us a hawk and dove show!!
#isitfridayyet

7 Likes

Beat episode ever

3 Likes

I loved how it was a stand alone episode but was still connected to the main story with raven being in it

4 Likes

Hated Hank in the first episode he was in, didn’t buy Dove as a threat. This episode changed that. In a series I really only watched for Robin and hopefully Nightwing. I found a new love for Hawk & Dove after seeing what motivated them to fight crime and why they came together to do that.

6 Likes

I have not been enjoying the grittiness and overt violence in this show. That said, this was one of the darkest, most uncomfortable of Titans episodes and, finally, one that blew me away!!! Unlike past eps, there was not a lame and cheezy line of dialogue or cornball “heroes give each a glance then continue” moment here. This was a solid, quality hour of drama worth investing my time in.

If it weren’t for my general disappointment of the previous episodes, I wouldn’t have been surprised to see Geoff Johns as this episode’s writer in the end credits.

As we return to the main story and the rest of the team in the final two episodes, I’m worried, and pretty much expecting that, they won’t live up to the higher standards of this one. But I was surprised to see in the teaser Kory out of it so early after attacking Raven. Color me intrigued. But I’m definitely looking forward to seeing Hawk and Dove again, tho I don’t know how soon that can me considering Dawn’s condition. I guess they’ll save that until Season Two…?

2 Likes

What condition? Rachel healed her

2 Likes

We need more Hawk and Dove!

4 Likes

Especially Dove.

3 Likes

Without a doubt this was the best episode of the series. I have been also been disappointed with this series particularly Dick and Kori, but this episode was great and got me very excited.

3 Likes

Spoiler on last episode of series

As revealed by Hector on Thursday DC Daily, everybody shows up for the last episode, The four Titans, Donna, Jason, Hawk and Dove.

Anybody could deduce that from the last lines of this episode and Donna and her lasso fighting Starfire in next week preview.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I didn’t like Hank but this episode made me appreciate more. Oh shi.

I wasn’t a big fan. Of hawk and dove but after the whole episode I got a better understanding of them… but I like show more with all four titans

1 Like

I want to see more members like kid flash and Roy Harper

1 Like

Awesome episode but not sure if my favorite and if it is then not by much as I love all the other episodes and Titans them selves too

1 Like

Will deadman be on Titans :joy: anyone who gets this high five

3 Likes

I honestly don’t understand all the focus on Hawk and Dove. We’ve only got eleven episodes for this season so why waste one of them on these two?

No superpowers, no specialized gear to aid them in their exploits (if you can call them that). Sure I guess they’re pretty to look at but that’s about it. Now that I think about it, I’m guessing that being pretty to look at is the exact reason why so much time that could be better spent on the Titans themselves is being wasted on their backstory.

3 Likes

Is no one else bothered by the fact that none of the"heroes" on this show are very heroic? I enjoyed this episode but EVERY single good guy is a straight up murderer! This makes Snyder’s Batman vs superman look like super friends. I’ll still watch it just seems unnecessarily dark.

2 Likes