Titans Episode 9 Reaction Thread: Spoilers Ahead!

This week, we got real with Hank and Dawn (and Don). If you haven’t watched Episode 9 yet, prepare your tissue boxes and your post-Titans cartoons then come back and let us know what you think in the comments below. Spoilers can and will happen!

13 Likes

Great episode I was just reading hawk and dove comic

2 Likes

Originally, I wasn’t excited about this episode because I just wanted to continue where last week’s episode left off. After watching Hank and Dawn, I was completely blown away! It was such an amazing and heartbreaking episode. My heart broke for what Hank went through as a child, and I am so happy that he and Dawn found each other.

It’ll be really cool if we get a Hawk and Dove spin-off series!

7 Likes

Why not a titansverse

3 Likes

Great episode! I sincerely hope Hawk and Dove pop up more. They have very good chemistry; plus Minka Kelly is pretty :wink:

I watched JLU afterward to continue my H&D fix. Having Kevin and Wayne from the Wonder Years play them was genius casting.

Next week with Donna and the lasso looks great too!

7 Likes

I would watch hawk and dove series on DC universe

6 Likes

That episode tonight could of been a backdoor pilot for hawk and dove spin-off

6 Likes

I can really see a Hawk and Dove series

10 Likes

great character work, would be a shame if Dick and Dawn get together … Hank is my favorite dude on the show now

5 Likes

Totally agree that Hank and Dawn are just too good together. I don’t blame Dawn for thinking Dick is somehow a more optimistic option given the dark beginnings she has with Hank, but that’s just the grass lookin’ greener, you sweet beautiful angel!

8 Likes

This episode is the only episode that none of the cast members are not in it. It reminds me of Stargate SG-1 When none of the cast members are seen but only guest stars. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I was blown away by this episode. It was able to “go there” on multiple fronts and yet remain sensitive and respectful to certain subjects as well as tasteful. It had some really memorable moments. The music choices were really strong IMO. I felt completely engrossed in this story and never once missed the story of the other four Titans. Hank’s personality just makes so much more sense now. Hawk and Dove were great in their first appearance, but this episode cemented them as my favorite characters on the show. I am happy that Hawk and Dove are getting the spotlight because they have been Titans long before Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven even existed in comics. I hope they come back for a lot more episodes in season 2 along with Donna and Jason. I would just love to see them, Donna, Speedy, Aqualad (Garth), and Lilith all on the show together.

6 Likes

I didn’t expect counselor troi to be on it.

3 Likes

right? Deanna Troi and Donna Troy in the same show :exploding_head:

4 Likes

I forgot I was watching Titans.
#MakeHawkandDoveShow

2 Likes

For some reason, I like the episode where they feature characters outside the main four. Like “Hawk and Dove”, " Doom Patrol", “Jason Todd” and this episode. I just love Hank and Dawn, they’re the cool duo (you know? Like grounded people who know where they are and what they want to so). The Car Accident CGI was a bit off, but acceptable. I kind of want a show of just those two, but it might not happen. But either way, I love 'em. I’m hyped for the next episode, I hope it has Hank and Dawn.

3 Likes

I love the show, and they make the characters down to earth with realistic backgrounds. I wish they could add Kid Flash, Cyborg, and Speedy/Arsenal to the guest roster!

4 Likes

Why can’t we have a kid flash Roy Harper

1 Like

I thought it was going to be an alright episode and hoping Dick and others would show up towards the end but nah this episode was really deep with great drama and emotion.

I was pleasantly surprised with everything and yeah it pushed boundaries/limits with many fronts but it served the story very well!

They’re getting involved along with Jason Todd in the last two episodes and that has me beyond excited. I think the season finale will be shocking and surprising in such a fantastic way with possible moments like a huge team up, Nightwing and maybe epic action with so many great seeds planted for season 2!

4 Likes

This episode was probably my favorite so far. And as a bonus we got Deana Troi :+1:t2::grin:

3 Likes