Titans Episode 9 Reaction Thread: Spoilers Ahead!

Best TV Show based of a comic book series. Every single episode I am shocked with this show. We see a young Hank taking his brothers place in the locker room to be sexually assaulted in episode #9, wow! It turns out this dark past fuels Hank’s rage in his adult life. Minka Kelley is terrific! Beautifull, strong, and capable. I wonder if she had a double for her nude scene? Good-stuff, the show walks a line between the saturated comic book superhero shows inserted with grit and realism.

2 Likes

4 episodes have been devoted to but players (donna troy, hawk and dove, doom patrol). The story will never progress at this rate.

1 Like

*bit players

1 Like

Emotional episode. Lots of insight to Hanks anger and he and Dawn’s bound. Definitely a risque episode with the topics discussed and the nudity. Told a good story. All in all I continue to enjoy Titans.

1 Like

This is an incredible hero’s journey. The heroes start off all-too fallible and slowly are learning what and who they are. It is amazing!

3 Likes

There has not been one episode that didn’t work or was blah. Every single episode has been off the charts good. And with just 2 left, things are about to be turned up to 11

7 Likes

Anybody notice the school’s name was Kesel? That had to be a nod to Karl Kesel. He did a Hawk and Dove series back in the day.

4 Likes

Please give us more episodes in Season 2

4 Likes

For me, this was the best written episode of the series so far. The scope of Hank, Don and Dawn’s story was perfection. The reasons for all of them choosing to fight crime felt real and not far fetched. The child abuse angle was heart breaking, but it gave Hank his motivation for wanting to do good. The tiny moments with Raven’s soul self trying to reach the duo was also a great surprise. I am literally floored by this episode.

3 Likes

I think this just became my favorite episode of the series so far! From the awesome origin story of Hank and Don, to the equally awesome origin of Hank and Dawn, right down to that “we have to find Jason Todd” cliffhanger! This is absolutely my favorite show on tv. I love how character driven this show is. If all of this build-up is this good, I can only imagine how fantastic the big finale is going to be. Alan and Minka need to get a spinoff Hawk and Dove series too please!!

2 Likes

This episode almost brought me to tears. I wasn’t expecting what was going to happen. After Dawn and Hank lost their loved ones, I was heartbroken. Then when we found out what was happening to Hank when he was in the locker room and why he told his brother to go away- I just wanted to cry. I have never seen a Superhero TV show cover something of that topic. When seeing the trailer for this episode, I wasn’t that interested, but now- this episode has just blown me away. Fantastic Job guys.

4 Likes

They lay-off 70 people

I was expecting this to be a “meh” episode but it was awesome! I think the casting team is doing awesome work. Everyone looks like they are a real life version of the characters. The guy who plays Hawk is awesome in the role but the actor himself seemed like a bit of a turd on DC Daily. Besides that, I hope for many more seasons of Titans!

1 Like

I really don’t care for non-powered Hawk and Dove. They look very much like the latest iteration of the comics, but not being avatars makes them conceptually less interesting to me, and they really don’t fit in a Titans/Teen Titans property well, in my opinion. Plenty of other characters with prior links to some iteration of Titans to not need them. This episode really struck me as unnecessary - if it was necessary, the dream sequence stuff to make the case for long distance telepathic Rachel waking up Dawn could have been handled in 4-5 minutes and then back to the main story line. I simply can’t bring myself to care about H&D’s origin story; if it was worth telling, it was worth telling before ep 2, or better yet, in a series of episodes for each of them before they met, in chronological order. Otherwise skip the flashbacks, give us a couple lines of dialog, and move forward in the main story.

4 Likes

I’m continuing to enjoy the show. The stories are good and the characters are interesting. I don’t get the warm fuzzies that come with watching heroes help people, but I’m a big boy and I can handle this dark and gritty take on things. They could really do the exact same show using villains and I’m not sure you’d have to change the script. The good guys have killed way more people than the bad guys so far. I think Donna Troy is the only one without a murder on her hands? It’s a good show and I’ll just reconcile the killing as an elseworlds story and blissfully assume that the titans who don’t kill are alive and well in an adjacent universe.

2 Likes

Titans once again reminds me that this is an otherwise tasty ice cream sundae, but with a damn cockroach or two in the middle. This show could be the best dc show to date, but stops itself over and over again. H and D’s judgement of Dick’s darkness in episode 2 is reduced to meaningless hypocrisy with this origin. Nobody in this show is a hero like their comic book versions, and the oddly timed love making this episode was purely gratuitous as other episodes showed more taste in handling these scenes.

2 Likes

I love the Titans show all together but the pace of it is bad. I kind of get why it’s like that b/c it’s the flag ship show for the DCU app so it’s trying to do a slow build up to what we really wanna see but I had to put a grade on it with only 2 episodes left I would give it a C+ overall. We all know about the aggression with Starfire, Beast Boy is basically a punchline and nerve clamer but no action and Robin has been the best one b/c he is true to self but his breweding is getting old now. Needs to gone transition over to Nightwing and let Jason Todd’s Robin take over who has been the best guest star out of all it. That fight scene with the police was epic. I’m expect season 1 of Titans to help build other spin off shows from it. Hawk & Dove, Wonder Girl, Nightwing, Doom Patrol and the legit TEEN Titians.

3 Likes

Just a random side thought, but why do so many people think that Wonder Girl is just a side character/guest star on the show?? Like, she is going to be on the team. Donna Troy is OG Titan, right up there with Dick. Hell, she might have more years as a Titan under her belt than most others. I just find that kind of funny.

5 Likes

Why did you hire 13 year olds to play high schoolers? Lol then you tell me this coach is going to have some middle schoolers scholarship revoked. Other than that I didn’t hate it but I do hate you end last episode on a cliffhanger then give me nothing from that. It’s like you all had to let everybody else take a break for a week.

Man not really hearing any good thoughts. I personally liked the episode & is enjoying the series overall. The titans come across as hard hitting somewhat antiheros to me. Keep n mind its called titans not “teen” so it works for me. Really got the sad chills on this one

5 Likes