The Teen Titans Thread

The first superhero team to be founded by the younger generation of heroes. For some of us, they were our first introduction to the larger DCU. Now there is a place to come together and celebrate every version of the team and their legacy.

13 Likes

@EDT finally covers the Titans!

4bb81267-68f5-4d89-9dee-7618dace6da1_text

8 Likes

Fun fact: going purely by episode count, Teen Titans Go is the longest running scripted DC television show of all time

11 Likes

9 Likes

Oh my friend…there are so many “final” frontiers left to conquer

6 Likes

I’ve already mentioned how I grew up with the first animated Teen Titans show. In fact, it’s arguable that show was my first introduction to anything from DC. But regarding comics, I’ve surprisingly never felt the need to check any out. That has changed in recent years though.

I checked out the Rebirth run and thought it was pretty good. This had Damian on the team mixed in with old and later on new people. This is where I was first introduced to Crush, who is awesome! And I do like all of the characters from both versions of the team throughout the run.

Then I checked out Titans Academy, which had an interesting concept. It was decent, but I felt like it approached the title too much like any other book. If the book focused on more standalone stories and focused on fleshing out the students, it would be pretty cool. Instead, it was trying to do too much. And I might be in the minority here, but I wasn’t demanding that Red X from the first animated show be brought over to the comics.

Then of course, there is the current book written by Tom Taylor. It’s too soon for me to give an overall judgment, but I’ll say that I like it so far. The biggest thing going against it is the event comic Beast World. A new series should really have at least a year of uninterrupted material before things get shaken up by anything like an event. But I’m still looking forward to what the book has in store.

9 Likes

My first ever sort of introduction to the comics Titans was the Titans rebirth series.

This is the series that made me really interested in reading about the Titans and Wally West and it was so much fun.

I followed the team again in the Titans Academy and while not perfect I did enjoy the concept of a school of young heroes and the new characters like Stitch, Bolt, Gorilla Gregg, and the Bat Pack. I wished these new characters and concept weren’t abandoned because I really did loved them

I’m currently enjoying the latest Titans series by Tom Taylor and despite some intrusions from the recent events. I’m really interested in this team and hope to see more of their adventures. Tom Taylor has built a iconic roster of the team as they not only fight bad guys but tackle global issues in a way that highlights each of them as powerful heroes.

6 Likes

ive read teen titans 2003 and ive read titans rebirth
love both of those

6 Likes

I love the original teen titans.

I appreciate that cover photo

7 Likes

whats one titan you guys think deserves a solo or team up book ?
the titan i think deserves one is miss martian

7 Likes

Big fan of Raven and she’s gotten a few solo books over the years. Even gave set up her own thread

7 Likes

Miss Martian a good choice. Especially considering she’s the least developed from her roster. However, I’m a sucker for the classics and underappreciated characters, so I gotta go with Mal Duncan. Would love to see him return as a superhero and especially as Guardian.

5 Likes

Did you read the installment from “The Other History of the DC Universe” that focused on Mal & Karen?

5 Likes

would love to see both guardians because i dont remember the last time we saw either in main canon

3 Likes

I did. It legit made me a fan of them, and at the time interested to see more of John Ridley works…

I was so optimistic then. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I checked out World’s Finest: Teen Titans by Mark Waid and it was fantastic!

@storyteller91 had a whole topic on it and he’ll vouch on it’s awesomeness. :grin::+1:

starwars-han-solo

5 Likes

I still need to read the rest but I enjoyed the first one.

4 Likes

I would be embarrassed, but I probably told you how much I liked it already and plus…I tagged you. :rofl:

4 Likes

Really? I thought that was DC Superhero Girls?

2 Likes

There were only 112 episodes of the DCSHG webseries, and 78 episodes of the TV reboot. There are 396 episodes of Teen Titans Go.

4 Likes