The Teen Titans Thread

Oh damn! I wasn’t even close to correct then lol.

3 Likes

Oh don’t be I’m not I like hearing how much people like things talk away my friend.
also I’m glad you tag me I like teen titans.

4 Likes

My first comic I can remember!

6 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

I came in here in 1976

5 Likes

I like this scene from Tom Taylor’s first issue if Titans. It’s always important to remember that governments controlling superheroes is destined to end in disaster for a variety of reasons.

But also, all the women saying they didn’t originate from the US has the same vibes as the “she doesn’t even go here!” scene from Mean Girls

3 Likes

I know @DC89 is a Raven fan, so I’ll see if she has any thoughts about this

4 Likes

That’s exactly how Rae Rae would react.
:laughing: :00_teen_titans: :0_raven:

5 Likes

Dr. Light’s first appearance?

3 Likes

IDK if this actually from those young adult graphic novels or really fricking cool fan art, but here ya go!

5 Likes

His first appearance was JLA #12 in 1962.

In fact I got a double shot of him, since he was in JLA #136 out that same month.

3 Likes

I never even realized how three of the most iconic Titans women are immigrants and literal aliens to America. Kudos for Tom Taylor catching that! :laughing:

Before anyone says it. Donna is a American from her post-crisis origin but in the rebirth era she was not. However considering she was raised as a Amazonian I’m pretty sure that Donna consider herself a Amazonian first before as a American in any iteration.

4 Likes

Poor Donna…that girl has more origin stories than I have fingers AND toes

4 Likes

Bob Haney: What do you mean Wonder Girl is just a younger Wonder Woman? She’s not a separate character? OOPS!

NOTE: Wonder Girl doesn’t even get the name Donna Troy until Marv Wolfman writes her first origin story in Teen Titans #22.

5 Likes

Donna Troy best modern origin story is still being a young orphan who lost her parents in a fire and was saved by Wonder-woman who took her to themyscira and being adopted as one of their own.

Concepts like her being a mirror-image duplicate of Wonder Woman or magical golem created to destroy Wonder Woman make me so annoyed DC editorial OK those boneheaded reinventions.

It honestly makes me feel like doing this to poor Donna “Retcon” Troy right now. :rofl:

4 Likes

retcon club

kon pfp

(at least the ones i know of and funnily theyve all been titans)

4 Likes

Oh yea, Cassie does count. When exactly did they retcon her into being a daughter of Zeus?

4 Likes

Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark) - Wikipedia. probably says it somewhere here but im not gonna look through it myself
it was probably a new 52 thing or something

3 Likes

Looks like it was during the 2003 TT book, but the New 52 retroactively changed it to Zeus’s grand-daughter…I think. Maybe she started as Diana’s niece than changed to grand-daughter. Before then changing back to just daughter during Bendis’s YJ book

GODS the New 52 and all these retcons are stupid!

4 Likes

new52 really did a number on a lot of characters even if it introduced some good ones

4 Likes