The Superman Thread

I’m not versed enough in current actors to have a clue who would be good in the role. I wouldn’t be against a new take either, but my preference would be for Cavill to get another shot or for Hoechlin & Co to make a move to the big screen (not happening, I know).

4 Likes

Yeah I was gonna go back & fix it right after, but figured it was understood :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

Cavill was relatively unknown. I imagine it would be someone we’ve seen in a movie or two, like it was with him.

4 Likes

Purchased on iTunes. Was a costly purchase, but something I’ve wanted to do for a long while now. I’ve built quite the Superman library on there.

4 Likes

I would love for Cavill to get at least 3 or 4 more Superman movies under his belt (to say nothing of other DC movies Superman can appear in).

However, I’m thinking that the new bosses will want as much of a fresh start as can be had, while also accomodating fan-favorite things like GG’s WW, Aquaman and Shazam (and likely DJ’s BA, because he should nail that role).

Cavill can (and should, in my 4 eyes) absolutely be part of that, no question.

Especially since he’s become a bigger name in the 5 years since he last played Superman.

Maybe that cache will let him keep the role?

I hope so.

4 Likes

So was Reeve and Routh. Maybe time to nix that approach and find someone with some star power?

Cavill has star power now…

Should I join the hashtag groups on Twitter? Nah, never gonna happen.

4 Likes

That is pricey. $15-$25 a season, depending on the season, spread across six seasons.

Why, that’s at least…

carry the three…

More than I can spent on a seventy year-old tv show right now.

3 Likes

Dude, avoid Twitter like Superman avoids Kryptonite. :joy:

4 Likes

Completely off topic, but I wonder if he’s gonna do a Middle Eastern accent? Would be highly surprising to see that he has those kind of acting chops. I love that he’s doing it, but have always found the casting a bit curious.

3 Likes

I gotchu, mon frere. :superman_hv_4:

Its just, I hate when “fans” on YouTube say “DC needs to do this!” and then when pressed in the comments section, effectively say “Warner Brothers? Who’re they? What do you mean DC doesn’t make their own movies and shows?”

Oh, the YouTube comments. They so silly.

3 Likes

Wait there’s six seasons?

■■■■ I missed one.

Yeah I know it’s pricey, which is why I’ve avoided it for so long.

3 Likes

Take a look at the latest post I did in Dear DC Diary. Similar kind of clueless fan thing happened to me in public today.

2 Likes

Been thinking the same thing. I cannot stand it when they cast someone in a role that’s gonna require an accent to be authentic, and the actor does no accent.

Still my only hangup with the otherwise super fun Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (and Errol Flynn version too).

Gladiator… why? Why is everyone sounding like British theater actors?

I’m sorry. Superman…

2 Likes

Will hopefully kick Black Adam’s ass to the point where he develops the right accent in a future movie.

2 Likes

@Kon-El-Prime If you want AOS, check your TV listings for the Heroes & Icons channel, as they air it, Wonder Woman and Batman.

After I sold my AOS DVDs, I set “Record all episodes” for the show on my DVR, and I’ve the whole shebang.

SN: When AOS comes to HBO Max, it’d be awesome to see it under a new coat of remastered in HD paint, ala STAS, Lois & Clark and Super Friends.

Maybe next year, for Superman’s big 8-5?

4 Likes

HD paint. I like that.

3 Likes

With zero fears of dain bramage, its the kind of paint one can endlessly huff! :partying_face:

3 Likes

You know… if all of the new superhero movies were in 3D they would be doing great! My source says that 3D movies earn 118% more than 2D movies.

I doubt anyone else will laugh or even understand this but I am laughing.

4 Likes

I get it, and…I had a hearty chuckle as well.

4 Likes

:rofl:

Oh man I remember this.

Who are you to question the effectiveness of the stereoscopic 3D format (at least I think that was the term being used at the time)?!

4 Likes