For the next month, we’ll be focusing on none other than…
Age Suggestion: 12+
Number of Issues: 9
What to read:
Character description taken from dc.fandom.com: Metamorpho is an elemental superhero with the power to shape-shift his body into various forms, using the elements contained within the human body. He also possesses the power of virtual invulnerability in his inert state. Originally known as the archaeologist Rex Mason, exposure to the Orb of Ra in Egypt changed him into one of the mythical Metamorphae. Although Metamorpho’s powers allow him to fight against evil, they are also a curse in that he is trapped in this hideous form, unable even to die. He is primarily one of the Outsiders, but has also been a member of the Justice League of America, Doom Patrol, Justice League Europe, the Seven Soldiers of Victory and The Terrifics. Metamorpho was created by Bob Haney and Ramona Fradon. His first appearance was in The Brave and the Bold #57.
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- Of the stories we’ve read, which is your favorite version of Metamorpho? Why?
- What did you like most Metamorpho (as a character)? What did you like the least? Explain.
- Why do you think the Orb of Ra constantly loses power?
- Why do you think Java hates Metamorpho?
- Metamorpho has obviously been changed significantly. How do you think he adapts to these changes?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!
Are you a fan of the Justice League? Do you enjoy comics?
Why does the Justice League of America have the same abbreviation as the Justice League of Antarctica?Then the Justice League Book Club is the club for you! Click HERE to join!