The Modern Age Superman Club Presents: Man of Steel Watch-Along, Sunday, October 10th at 1 PM Pacific/4 PM Eastern

:superman:oaring :superman:unday greetings @ModernAgeSupermanClub, and all fans of epic, butt-kicking cinema!

This week, we’ll be taking flight with 2013’s Man of Steel, starring Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe, Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

If you’ve soared into a Watch-Along before, you know how this will land, but should this be your first, here’s how YOU can take part in the epic adventure that is Man of Steel!!

When: Sunday, October 10th at 1 PM Pacific/4 PM Eastern.

Where: In this thread at the above date and time. :point_up:t2:

How: Man of Steel is available on physical and digital home video formats while also streaming on HBO Max. However you choose to suit up for the fun, please be on time for when the clock strikes to push Play and see Superman take flight to save the world from General Zod. :mantelpiece_clock: :play_or_pause_button:

ALSO: Mark your calendars for this Saturday, October 9th, as there will be a very special Superman Watch-Along event taking place that day. I’m not giving away the details yet (they’re coming soon though, very soon) but plan ahead now so that you can (to quote a scene from a classic movie) “Fly, just…fly.” into a forthcoming epically good time with friends and great, genre-defining entertainment.

See ya on the 10th! :superman_hv_3:

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

@Bar-El, there’s a few actors that guest star on Smallville appear in this movie, bet you can name them all!:grinning:

3 Likes

One of them is the guy that played Emil Hamilton on Smallville.

I’d look it up, but my fingers are busy right now.

eyebrows on folks in the crowd go up

Oh, for…they’re busy on the keyboard. Geez. Bunch of minds in the gutter, 'round here. :smirk: :full_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

Hey I wanted @Bar-El take a guess, please don’t ruin it.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

He wasn’t the only one. :wink:

2 Likes

Well Amy Adams is the elephant in the room lmao And Jimmy is Juliaaaaaan! Lmao

3 Likes

I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again: I bet Amy Adams smells like a batch of fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies.

Redheads+cookies=badass.

I’ll be working that day – it’s a shame, because while this may be a hot take, this is legit my favorite live-action Superman movie ever. Oh well, hope you guys have fun with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tell your work “Hey, get bent! I got a Superman get together to attend! Oh, and give me time and a half while I’m gone, m’kay? Thanks.” then scoot on over here! :grin:

No, no. Don’t do that. I wouldn’t want a friend to get in trouble. You go to work and we’ll mark a seat in your honor. :slight_smile:

Tell me though, are you available on the 9th?

1 Like

this has been a watchalong weekend. and i took a vacation day for tomorrow because that watch is the proverbial cherry on top of this watchalong sundae…

2 Likes

Just about anyone can guess from my username that I’m always up for a Man of Steel viewing! We need Henry back!

3 Likes

I’m trying to decide if it’s worth complaining about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, you could enjoy it, you know. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve tried and tried since 2013, but it hasn’t happened yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Yet I really like Batman v Superman and Zack Snyder’s Justice League.)

3 Likes

Conversely, I’ve loved Man of Steel since 2013.

However, try as I might to like it as a whole, BvS largely falls flat (its good, but just…good, minus the final battle between the Trinity and Doomsday, which was great), while I love Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

Fun Fact: ZSJL will be getting a WAL in the coming month. Keep your eyes on the Daily Planet (sorry Gotham Globe, they bid higher) for more! :newspaper:

3 Likes

I feel the exact opposite way. It’s great until it turns into a superhero movie at the end with the Doomsday fight, and then I sorta zone out.

1 Like

That’s fine.

I’m of the opinion that once you have the Trinity united in live-action for the very first time against a common threat, that it kind of has to become a traditional superhero flick, and in the best way.

I would like to see Doomsday be revisited in a movie. He was fine in BvS, but we need the comic version with the massive arm and leg spikes in LA. Not as a redo of BvS by any means (because that would be needlessly redundant), but in some other capacity.

Maybe a future JL sequel that hints that while Lex made a Doomsday, the real one has been floating in space since Krypton blew up and has now made his way into Earth’s orbit?

If it gets us Jurgens’ JL on-screen, I’ll buy a ticket. And the toys.

1 Like

I’m of the opinion that this sequence should’ve been the premise for the sequel to BvS, not its fourth act. (And it would’ve been a Doomsday from space, I tell ya!)

But BvS is kinda like Snyder’s Watchmen movie: I’m least interested when they’re punching people and most interested when they’re struggling with their insecurities.

1 Like